• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I was going down our lane toward the back of the farm when I saw what I thought at first was just a coon running ahead of me. When I got closer, it was quite clear that it was an otter. I have seen one a couple years ago but figured it/they had moved on. I don't know if they are "suppose" to be in Shelby county or not, but it appears they or at least one has decided to visit for a spell. He just went to the edge of the drive and into the river with no further sign of him. Pretty cool!

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    I saw one along the Patoka River around 2007 and then in 2009? my Father in Law caught one in a beaver set, and turned it over to DNR. I have heard the numbers are increasing.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    this is the first year that trappers can take otter in Ind. limit of 2 per trapper in designated countys only. there is a statewide quota of like 600 as soon as this is met season will close for otter. some areas of the state have lots of them, so many its nearly impossible to trap in water for beaver or coon without accidently.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I was going down our lane toward the back of the farm when I saw what I thought at first was just a coon running ahead of me. When I got closer, it was quite clear that it was an otter. I have seen one a couple years ago but figured it/they had moved on. I don't know if they are "suppose" to be in Shelby county or not, but it appears they or at least one has decided to visit for a spell. He just went to the edge of the drive and into the river with no further sign of him. Pretty cool!

blue river??????

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom