OSUT#256 - Easter Bunny, Solar Eclipse...what's next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Last night's downtown festivities was a Fairy Fest, but not rainbow. Artists, makers, crafters, but Gnome and woodland theme crafts with a pop band playing.

Not really my area of interest Live Band or not.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Only trouble I've had with a pet door was raccoons. IN Town living, they are not afraid of humans anymore.

Had one manage to climb inside one our big blue trash bins a while back. He was trapped, had made sludge out of the one trash bag that was in their and since the top was still opened, Thank you bandit, and it had rained overnight, he was miserably filthy.

I just kicked the thing over and let him run.
    Pellet pistol would have made easy work, but I see no reason for that.
    Not his fault we took over his ancestral stompin' grounds.

Interestingly, we lived close to the river then and you could see marauding coyotes and tentative deer in the alleyway often, in town suburbia.

My mom, visiting, went right through the sliding door screen once when she saw a huge Indiana deer in the back. Deer aren't this big in Texas unless you get up on the caprock closer to Colorado.
    Around here coons are a nuisance and a danger to small livestock like chickens, ducks etc.
    We usually declare war on them this time of year, trap, shoot etc. No quarter!

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Around here coons are a nuisance and a da German to small livestock like chickens, ducks etc.
    We usually declare war on them this time of year, trap, shoot etc. No quarter!
    Totally get it!
    Coons don't usually work in teams, but a buddy got a pic while gathering his stock of four coons bringing down one one of his young goats. Never seen that. All he had on him was a phone. Ran them off but it was too late. He was slobbering mad!

After some consult, my plan was sit quietly in his back area, million candle power spotlight and a scoped .22 for a few nights.
    No quarter!
    Thinned 'em out.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm ordering my pig for the freezer and figuring out babysitting schedule for next weekend and what day I can go clean at mom and dad's. Multi texting...lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom