Not open for further replies.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Annnnnnnnd. I’m home. Good eats, got to see a lot of cousins n a few old timers like me. A lot of the younger folk just don’t get into family reunions.

Time for a Scotch (maybe two) then it’ll be bed time.

I don’t care, if it’s not raining in the morning I’m mowing. Yard looked like crap when I pulled down the lane.

Nite folks, type to you all tomorrow.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    went to the lake house with the boys and worked on the pier, got the last 4 posts out and the bent up/broke rails replaced . Need to straighten posts and replace the boards and try to reassemble. forward progress was made and we stopped for some appetizers and brews at Ledgeview Brewing on the way home. All is good.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    it has to do with where your taste might be
    my father was old school and full of salty opinions, which he freely shared
    I'm not sure how old your dad was, but I do recall my childhood best friend's grandfather that actually fought for Germany in WWI. I don't remember much about his opinions, but I have a very clear picture in my head of him. He was a master carpenter and I believe he assisted my dad in building/installing the cabinets in our house. He also kept a case of room temperature PBR on hand, and that's how he drank it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    went to the lake house with the boys and worked on the pier, got the last 4 posts out and the bent up/broke rails replaced . Need to straighten posts and replace the boards and try to reassemble. forward progress was made and we stopped for some appetizers and brews at Ledgeview Brewing on the way home. All is good.
    My sister sent me this pic of their new dock on their pond today. There are (or at least used to be) some HUGE catfish in that pond. They used to have a Japanese beetle trap hung from a metal pole out in the pond. The catfish learned that they could ram the pole and shake beetles out of the trap and they could eat them.

1686440708641.png

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    My father was born in 1928 so was 17 when the war ended. He was on the Eastern Front when it ended and was smart enough to start walking west when it ended.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom