Not open for further replies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Opened up the laptop and got a few ounces of lint out, its missing 3 cover screws so I tried to move the remaining ones to more vital locations. Maybe it'll last another year.
    my first job out of college was for a seed company that sold Corn and Soybeans. One of the salesman "farmer-ized" their laptop. The hinge broke so he wired it back together with JB Weld and Chicken Wire :laugh:

Funny thing was, 6 months later at a convention some poor soul stole his laptop :laugh:

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    my first job out of college was for a seed company that sold Corn and Soybeans. One of the salesman "farmer-ized" their laptop. The hinge broke so he wired it back together with JB Weld and Chicken Wire :laugh:

Funny thing was, 6 months later at a convention some poor soul stole his laptop :laugh:

It was no longer just a laptop, it was a folk art object.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    we saw all sorts of things there.

One guy was trying to keep his laptop clean because his area was pretty dusty so he wrapped almost the entire thing in cling 'n seal film that you'd use for food. We had to tell him to make sure to cut out the fan holes at least. Almost overheated the thing a few times.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    we saw all sorts of things there.

One guy was trying to keep his laptop clean because his area was pretty dusty so he wrapped almost the entire thing in cling 'n seal film that you'd use for food. We had to tell him to make sure to cut out the fan holes at least. Almost overheated the thing a few times.

I think that was the problem with this one - the heatsink was completely blocked by lint. Was doing all sorts of crazy things and got too hot to sit in my lap.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I think that was the problem with this one - the heatsink was completely blocked by lint. Was doing all sorts of crazy things and got too hot to sit in my lap.
    sometimes fans quit working as well and don't move as much air as they used to (me too fan, me too). Those laptop coolers that you can set them all work pretty well too if you're trying to stretch it out a bit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom