Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    The stuff I’ve handled at shows seems to be ok. Not Nikon or vortex level, but definitely a step up from truglo/barska/Walmart stuff

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Don't spend your money on any Osprey offerings if you dont want junk. I made the mistake of trying two of their scopes and regretted it. Mounted 1 on a 22lr and the reticle canted clockwise about 30° after less then 100 rounds and the other wouldnt track after 1 mag through a 223. Would save your nickels and get a better regarded scope imho. 42769vette is the man you should talk to about a affordable/well regarded scope for sure.

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    Don't spend your money on any Osprey offerings if you dont want junk. I made the mistake of trying two of their scopes and regretted it. Mounted 1 on a 22lr and the reticle canted clockwise about 30° after less then 100 rounds and the other wouldnt track after 1 mag through a 223. Would save your nickels and get a better regarded scope imho. 42769vette is the man you should talk to about a affordable/well regarded scope for sure.
    Oooph that is bad

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Oh cool! Thanks for that - what 50 won’t I make?

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI

Ok. Good to know I guess... still confused what it has to do with me, but whatever.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I apologise to others for bringing this to the thread.

@Mason513

Users who post a lot of short messages very quickly are usually trying to get to 50 so they can use the classifieds. If you aren't, then be aware you may be perceived as a "runner". So if you are sincere, carry on.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    If you're wanting US made specifically, there are some manufacturers who do have some lines made in the US, but you won't find them in the Osprey Global Scope price range. What I've read about Osprey is in line with bcannon's experience.

- Steiner, for instance, has some scopes made in the US (The GS3 line, I think), but they are not exactly a low budget option, and they're not a US based company.
    - Trijicon has many of their fine scopes made in the US, but their budget options are made in Japan from what I've seen.
    - Leupold's VX-Freedom are probably the lowest priced US made scopes easily available. Typically $300+ for the 1-4x and I don't know where they source components from. You will pay extra for US made versus, say, a Vortex scope from AA optics (who is a sponsor on this forum, so if you decide to go Vortex, you should check out his site).

IMO, if wanting to buy a quality scope with few features and made assembled in the US, expect at least a $300-600 price tag before rings/mounts, and that's for the low end. If wanting a budget option, supporting a IN-owned business selling a foreign product is the next best thing. And reviews of AAOptics have suggested that there are many happy customers (though I haven't personally bought from him).

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have 2 Osprey red dots that have been flawless for me. Both on 22lr though, so can't speak up for how they'd be on something with recoil

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    I apologise to others for bringing this to the thread.

@Mason513

Users who post a lot of short messages very quickly are usually trying to get to 50 so they can use the classifieds. If you aren't, then be aware you may be perceived as a "runner". So if you are sincere, carry on.
    Ahhh I get it now, no I just had a day off and was waiting for my wife earlier, so I had some time. I was bouncing around the site! So much to see, I’m sure I’ll chill out soon!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Wife runs this one on her Mark IV 22/45 lite. Dont remember the model as it's been a few years ago I purchased it. Seen probably close to 5k rounds. No issues. Wife loves it. Havent even replaced the battery yet. Run a similar red dot on a 10/22 as well

20170916_194843.jpg

Top Bottom