• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    So im sitting at the firehouse bored,good news for the public i guess,so i spent the morning reading holster reviews. I decided to order a Kholster for my glock 36,seemed to have great reviews and at half the price of the comp-tac and crossbreed holsters plus free shipping i figure ill give them a try. I have a brand new don hume holster that i like but i want to have a tuckable holster. The don hume will find a new home but that will be another post.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I have a Kholster and love it. I actually bought it for a XD, but after going back to a Glock 19 I just heated up the kydex with a heat gun and molded it to fit my Glock. If I was buying another IWB holster it would be a Kholster for sure. great choice!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Love my Kholster! Been wearing it for about 6 hours now. Never bothered to take it off when I got home, it is that comfortable.

bankerken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    A stones throw from Michigan
    You will love it. I have one for S&W J frame and one for MP 40c. I've been wearing one or the other almost everyday for the last 10 months and they just get more comfortable with time. Like Indyrodie said, I leave it on when I get home because I forget its there.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The owner has emailed me twice already so i can tell the customer service is going to be good with it.

Jimmy has EXCELLENT Customer service.

let me ask you guys a question, did you cut the cresent down or leave it big and ugly like it comes?

I left it big. I could care less about ugly, it's for CC. It's comfortable like it is, so I didn't mess with it.

Carbon-13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    This is why I love this forum: I never heard of Kohlster before this post! The pics on their website look awesome and I've been looking for a holster to carry a G19C concealed while my shirt is tucked in... that'll be great while I'm on post. Thanks!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    This is why I love this forum: I never heard of Kohlster before this post! The pics on their website look awesome and I've been looking for a holster to carry a G19C concealed while my shirt is tucked in... that'll be great while I'm on post. Thanks!

You cannot beat the comfort, for the price. DO other holsters, like Crossbreed, LOOK better? Sure, but frankly, I couldn't care less what a CC holster looks like, especially when a Crossbreed is twice the price.

teh Nub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Clark Co
    I have one of Jimmy's original style Kholsters and the newer Crescent. I trimmed both around the grip for an easier draw and other area's where the leather had no purpose of padding etc. Here is a picture of a SuperTuck Delux with Combat cut and it is similar to what I did trimming my Kholsters.

cut2.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I thought about doing that to mine, but I like the leather between the grip and my body. I know it may slow down the draw in theory, but it is going to be against your body with the cut out, does it really make that much difference?

teh Nub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Clark Co
    I thought about doing that to mine, but I like the leather between the grip and my body. I know it may slow down the draw in theory, but it is going to be against your body with the cut out, does it really make that much difference?

I wear a T-shirt or tank top (wife-beater) and have either tucked in so there isn't any rubbing reguardless. Without the leather, there is a little gap to slide your fingers around the grip and draw. It probably depends on how each person's body is shaped and where they have the holster placed. For me, it works and feels better trimmed in such a way.

Before I trimmed the holster I had to draw and readjust my grip once drawn. Now, I can just about get my hand around the grip the way I would fire it before I draw.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I wear a T-shirt or tank top (wife-beater) and have either tucked in so there isn't any rubbing reguardless. Without the leather, there is a little gap to slide your fingers around the grip and draw. It probably depends on how each person's body is shaped and where they have the holster placed. For me, it works and feels better trimmed in such a way.

Before I trimmed the holster I had to draw and readjust my grip once drawn. Now, I can just about get my hand around the grip the way I would fire it before I draw.

Makes sense. I don't wear undershirts that often, so therein lies the difference in comfort.

I can get a pretty quick grip on my Bersa, I think that the finger grooves help me get a better hold.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I have a Kholster for my XD9sc, and really love it. Comfortable, and very concealable. Posted a review of it somewhere on this site, I think. I didn't cut my down. It works fine as is.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If I recall correctly, Jimmy told me that he would still honor the lifetime warranty against failure, even if you cut it down. I do not believe that is true with the 90 unconditional warranty though.

I think that is more than fair though.

I wish I lived in St. Louis. He does "Kholster parties" where he brings the supplies and everyone makes their own Kholster under his guidance, or he makes it for you. They are $30 each, and the "host" gets his/hers free.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have a K-Holster and use it for my 1911. I did cut it down to improve draw, but left a strip for shielding the slide/hammer from my body. I hated the clips and put metal crossbread clips on it.

I also have a crossbread quick clip that I like more than the K-Holster, but then I paid more than double for it.

Lilsoup

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I have one for my PT111, love it, and I trimmed mine up to fit the way I like.

PICT0101.jpg

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    I can't find it in his website and he's not answering emails so he must be out of town, but can he do one to fit crimson trace lasers? I have a kholster already and love it but I've since added the laser and it no longer fits... Any suggestions?

Top Bottom