Ordered a Holosun 509T GR x2 from Amazon - received and empty box.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Having been using Amazon for a long time this is my first instance of this.

I was excited my sight delivered and opened it up to find an empty box with a plastic RMR style plate that didn’t belong to the sight.

I’m not sure if it got stolen at Amazon or if it happened before it got to Amazon. It was sold by “Tactideals” but Fulfilled by Amazon.

I’m thankful at least that I got it from Amazon directly. If I had gone through a third party seller I likely would have had to dispute it on my card and waited.

Thankfully Amazon is replacing it. I’m definitely going to video record opening the packaging when the replacement shows up. Not going to chance a repeat instance.

Not sure how common this sort of thing is but anything expensive I order from Amazon I’m going to open in front of a camera.

If I were a dishonest person, and I’m not, I could be making this up. As much as I appreciate Amazon believing me - if this sort of thing happens again I want some proof.

Have I mentioned I f***ing hate thieves? No? Well I f***ing hate thieves!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

I was excited my sight delivered and opened it up to find an empty box with a plastic RMR style plate that didn’t belong to the sight.

I’m not sure if it got stolen at Amazon or if it happened before it got to Amazon. It was sold by “Tactideals” but Fulfilled by Amazon.

I’m thankful at least that I got it from Amazon directly. If I had gone through a third party seller I likely would have had to dispute it on my card and waited.

Thankfully Amazon is replacing it. I’m definitely going to video record opening the packaging when the replacement shows up. Not going to chance a repeat instance.

Not sure how common this sort of thing is but anything expensive I order from Amazon I’m going to open in front of a camera.

If I were a dishonest person, and I’m not, I could be making this up. As much as I appreciate Amazon believing me - if this sort of thing happens again I want some proof.

Yes, thieves suck. I wonder if we should start the "cut their hands off" bit? Might be a better deterrent than the current revolving door.

ETA: Oh, and I think you'll like the 509T. What are you putting it on? I have one on an M&P 5in.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oddly, mine used to just disappear entirely between Whitestown and here. During a time frame several years ago, about half the packages I would get that originated from there would go from "in transit to carrier" (or something like that) then would never arrive. That first ping was the first and only time it was accounted for.

Luckily the worst thing that happened was it took me an extra week to get my product because they would make me wait for it to appear.

Then just as fast as it started, it stopped. I suspect a courier was skimming packages.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Wow. What in the world would happen if they didn’t believe you? I doubt a video would be enough evidence for a super power like them….. but maybe such a petty amount of cash to them isn’t worth disputing?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yes, thieves suck. I wonder if we should start the "cut their hands off" bit? Might be a better deterrent than the current revolving door.

ETA: Oh, and I think you'll like the 509T. What are you putting it on? I have one on an M&P 5in.
    I’m putting it on a Staccato CS. It’s a bit of a big sight for a small gun but I wanted something enclosed.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I had an order from Walmart online just disappear from tracking. Walmart sent another and it arrived in a couple of days. Three weeks later, original package just showed up. Walmart told me to keep it, wasn't worth their time and cost to return it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had an order from Walmart online just disappear from tracking. Walmart sent another and it arrived in a couple of days. Three weeks later, original package just showed up. Walmart told me to keep it, wasn't worth their time and cost to return it.
    I had something similar happen to something thin. I dont recall what it was but it was probably around a foot square and a quarter inch thick.
    It arrived almost a year later and looked like it had been dragged all the way. it apparently fell behind/under something in the truck and eventually was found.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm not sure what taking video would prove. It's pretty easy to take something out of the box and then tape it back up and turn the camera on.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Never had that happen. I did have an instance once where I ordered a couple of McDonalds hamburgers at the drive thru. After I left and headed down the road, I opened the wrapper on one of the hamburgers and took a bite only to discover there was no hamburger patty in between the two buns.

Damn you Hamburgler!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I had that happen with a 3M respirator. It came in an empty bag. They sent out a new one no problems.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm not sure what taking video would prove. It's pretty easy to take something out of the box and then tape it back up and turn the camera on.
    A bit harder to disprove if I record everything from the driver handing me the box to me opening it uncut in one continuous video. Can even show delivery coming down the street and waking up to the door.

If there’s one thing I can’t stand it’s being accused of something I didn’t do.

Hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    A bit harder to disprove if I record everything from the driver handing me the box to me opening it uncut in one continuous video. Can even show delivery coming down the street and waking up to the door.

If there’s one thing I can’t stand it’s being accused of something I didn’t do.

Hopefully it doesn’t happen again.
    You must not order much or you have a lot of free time… maybe both. Most houses would need to add a videographer to the payroll with the amount of Amazon deliveries we see.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    You must not order much or you have a lot of free time… maybe both. Most houses would need to add a videographer to the payroll with the amount of Amazon deliveries we see.
    I'm not sure I understand. Recording this one high value purchase replacement being opened will take me approximately 0 extra time. Pressing "record" and then "stop recording" takes a trivial amount of time.

I'm not saying that I'll be doing this for everything I order - just this one item which I already received an empty box once.

I figure it's cheap insurance as I doubt Amazon will believe the same thing happened to me twice if my luck were that bad.

If perhaps I'm misunderstanding you ... do feel free to clarify.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    in the past month i've had 4 amazon orders arrive with the wrong products in the boxes. all fulfilled and shipped by amazon.

anybody need talon grip wraps for an m&p sheild? or cool hands grips for a cz 75c? how about a nice set of curling irons? at least i could use the 5 pk of deoderant.

at least 3 of the 4 were un the same category as what i ordered

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    in the past month i've had 4 amazon orders arrive with the wrong products in the boxes. all fulfilled and shipped by amazon.

anybody need talon grip wraps for an m&p sheild? or cool hands grips for a cz 75c? how about a nice set of curling irons? at least i could use the 5 pk of deoderant.

at least 3 of the 4 were un the same category as what i ordered
    Damn that’s crazy.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I'm not sure I understand. Recording this one high value purchase replacement being opened will take me approximately 0 extra time. Pressing "record" and then "stop recording" takes a trivial amount of time.

I'm not saying that I'll be doing this for everything I order - just this one item which I already received an empty box once.

I figure it's cheap insurance as I doubt Amazon will believe the same thing happened to me twice if my luck were that bad.

If perhaps I'm misunderstanding you ... do feel free to clarify.
    It’s a joke…. Because people order SO much. The odds of it happening to you for the same exact item are probably similar to winning the powerball. But the chances of it happening again are greater so I was saying it would be near impossible task to record every order coming in.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It’s a joke…. Because people order SO much. The odds of it happening to you for the same exact item are probably similar to winning the powerball. But the chances of it happening again are greater so I was saying it would be near impossible task to record every order coming in.
    Ah ok.

I did get a few counterfeit items before. In one case 3 in a row but at least the bad fakes were in the box so I had something to return.

In this case the sight was literally just not in the box. Everything but the sight. Oh and there was a plastic plate of some kind I don’t recognize that doesn’t go with the kit.

The mounting plate for the sight was in the box so whoever stole it likely had a custom plate or they don’t know what they’re doing.

At any rate the new one should allegedly deliver on Monday and I’ll be sure to record opening the shipping packaging and the box.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    A few years ago I ordered some fragrance oils from a company in Kuwait.
    The shipping envelope arrived empty with one end cut open.
    The driver searched the van (last stop of the day), but no oil vials.
    I asked the driver for advice. She said I should refuse delivery and contact the vendor.
    After about a month of the vendor checking with shipper, they finally sent my replacement oils.
    The oils smelled great, and prices were good, but after that fiasco I just couldn't order anything else from them.
    My guess is that it was a customs employee grab (not vendors fault).

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I remember back in the early days of amazon, I ordered a book. this is back when virtually everything shipped out of Seattle. And took a week or two to get here.

So everyday, I would log into my account and seed where htre shipment was. Day by day, I saw it go from one UPS hub to another across the nation. It got to Chicago and I thought I'll get it the next day. No. It went, IIRC, to Omaha, SLC, someplace in CA...

I contacted Amazon and the agent emailed me that it was on the way and give it a couple of days. (That's when it was in Omaha.) I contacted them again the next day -it was in SLC. HE said be patient. (All these were via email once a day. When it left SLC on hte way to someplace further West, I sort of said "come on, man". YOu can see its screwed up. I think he agreed at that point and reshipped with some sort of priority. Book came in a day or two. They said if the other one arrives, just keep it. Well, it did - a couple of weeks later.

Top Bottom