• ...and so much more!
  • Kimbertrace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Mods, I hope this forum will suffice.

I have had great difficulty finding a tactical forend for a Mossberg 500a with a 6.5 in action slide tube assembly. I have tried the Hogue adapter and modifying the 7.75 in forends, but it has not worked out like it should. After some research I found out that Surefire makes one. As many of you are aware it is fairly pricey. I mean come on, a $300 forend for a $300 gun?!?!?!

Anyway I was going to hold off on this purchase, unless I found the deal of a lifetime. I found that deal on Friday. Opticsplanet.com has it listed on their website for $159.95(621fga)!!! So I bought it.

Shortly, thereafter I received an email, stating the item was backordered, and that my order had to be reviewed for accuracy. WTF! There was no mention of the backorder mentioned on the site, as is common practice with many other vendors.

I called Opticsplanet, and they had no idea how long it would take to receive my item. So I decided to wait a few days and contact them on Tuesday of the following week.

On Monday morning, I received an email from Opticsplanet.com stating they have discovered an error on their website, and that if I still wanted the surefire forend it would cost me $65 more, but the would offer me a special price, by only charging me $55 more. I went ahead and completed the order and agreed to pay the added cost.

Here is the kicker, 4 days after I placed my order, and it had to be reviewed; Opticsplanet.com still has this item listed at $159.95!!! They refuse to let me speak with a manager, refuse to honor there online pricing, and I feel that this is a classic bait and switch. If the company I worked for had the wrong price listed on our website, it would be honored, they sure as hell wouldn't leave the wrong price up on the website.

Am I off base here? Does anyone else have any experience with Opticsplanet.com, aka tacticalstore.com, aka shoptics.com and a slew of other sites, ALL listing this forend for $159.95???? I am considering going to the BBB.

Oh yeah, another shady practice they have are there customer reviews. You can't leave a review unless you are a member of their site, and people that leave reviews get 10% off, and you can't leave a review until your second purchase. Of course, all of there reviews are rosy.

Sorry for the long post, but I felt everyone should know in case this is common practice with these guys.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i have had two good experiences with them using ebay. i did a Best Offer on a Galco holster sunday night and it was at my door Tuesday at 3:00pm.

sorry to hear about your experience.i will keep that in mind.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I have never had an issue, I always call ahead to check stock, the customer service reps have always been polite, and I usually recieve the product in a day or so...

Kimbertrace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Big Surprise!!!! after 6 days, and a price increase, they tell me it is discontinued!!!!

And they have already sent and charged me for the P60L led conversion that is useless to me now.

Last edited:

Kimbertrace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This story may end well after all. Apparently they are going honor there pricing, but they have to get one in stock first. I will keep everyone posted.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    you just copy pasted the same message from here:

Opticsplanet.com aka Shoptics.com and a host of other names - DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

i have bought from Optics Planet several times, and they always, and i do mean always, delivered the goods in no time. there was only 1 time when they notified me that they dont have the item in stock and that it is backordered. i got it a week later!
    its hard to believe you had a problem with them, they have been around for a while now and it looks like they know what they're doing...

Once a Marine, Always a Marine!

:patriot:

In the interest of full disclosure, you should state that you are an employee of Opticsplanet before you give them a shining review and call-out the OP on his other postings of this same topic on different boards.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i had ordered a galco thighband a few weeks ago,but they were out of stock. i emailed them on wed to check, got a response in a few hours. item shipped on thurs; had it friday afternoon.

i really hope all ends well for the OP

ELMO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I dealt with optics planet one time and it was for 1 scope. They shipped it fast, but it was the wrong scope. I called them and they said they have alot of orders and things like this happens. I didn't return the scope, it was close to same value as the one ordered so I still have it. I ordered the oringinal one from another supplier and all is ok...

Kimbertrace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    In the interest of full disclosure, you should state that you are an employee of Opticsplanet before you give them a shining review and call-out the OP on his other postings of this same topic on different boards.

Are you saying kirilp is a opticsplanet employee? Anyway, I got in contact with a person from opticsplanet, that is trying to make this right. I will keep everyone posted.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Are you saying kirilp is a opticsplanet employee? Anyway, I got in contact with a person from opticsplanet, that is trying to make this right. I will keep everyone posted.

That's precisely what I'm saying. That said, I hope your situatioin works out to your satisfaction...

Kimbertrace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    All, I received the Surefire forend today at the orginal price offered. Opticsplanet delivered in the end. It's good to know that they held their end of the bargain up, I am looking for an AR-15 holo and magnifier, and will give them first shot.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I bought a Streamlight Strion LED and a Leupold VX-3 from them from pretty cheap a couple months ago. They're in my online stores bookmarks folder

Top Bottom