• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Having asked myself this same question for years and over the course of many many optics. I settled on a Vortex Viper 2-10x32 FFP scope. It is what I consider to be the perfect scope for a combination of hunting, and precision shooting. It is very light, you can get it closer to the barrel, and for 500 yards and under it is wonderful.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I had a Trijicon 3-9X Accupoint and liked the reg amber triangle reticle, however the glass was less than hoped for. Distortion at outer edge, and not anything special in the middle.
    Was thinking 1-4X for AR or a 7600 carbine woods deer popper.

Can't do it. Not with my past exp.

Heck, am zero for two on my PA G2 Cyclops Prism. Neat idea, just never quite right (diff issues- initial and replacement).

It appears as though one has to spend a min of 500 on a RDS and a K on an optic to get something that might be halfway decent. Maybe.

I aint that picky, but it sure seems like theres bad design and no QC anymore.
    Did look through a Steiner a guy had at the range and it was impressive. Over $1500 back then.
    Buddy has some new VX6 Leupold, it too over $1500......and it was impressive as well.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    View attachment 254292
    View attachment 254291
    Ive gotten to spend the last 5 shooting seasons with this Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8. At 2X its fast up close and is still handy to use. At 8X I've used it on man sized targets out to 550 yards. Might be a good contender for what youre wanting.
    This is where I'm headed for the majority of my rifles. It takes care of many situations when it comes to hunting or self defense.
    Target or long range I like 4x16+ 40-44mm, and 30mm tubes.

Top Bottom