• ...and so much more!
  • Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Hey everyone! :welcome:

I'm looking to get a new handguard for my carbine, and am seriously considering the Troy BattleRail Drop-In CAR/M4. :ar15:

I'd like to hear from anyone that has a Battlerail, and how they like it. I'm also open to any other suggestions on a two-piece handguard.

Thanks for your thoughts! :ingo:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    IME, most of your name-brand drop-in rails are going to offer about the same quality and functionality. I have installed Troy, Midwest Industries and the Daniel Defense EZ-CAR for customers in the recent past, and they all went on easily and locked up pretty tight. I'd give MI the nod for economy and ease of installation, although they are potentially a bit less stable than the others, as the two halves do not screw together and there is no additional tension beyond that provided by the delta ring.

The Daniel Defense Omega rail is a 2-piece drop-in design, but it allows the barrel to free-float; it is AFAIK one of the only such systems out there. Great quality and features and extremely lightweight, but :spend:

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    IME, most of your name-brand drop-in rails are going to offer about the same quality and functionality. I have installed Troy, Midwest Industries and the Daniel Defense EZ-CAR for customers in the recent past, and they all went on easily and locked up pretty tight. I'd give MI the nod for economy and ease of installation, although they are potentially a bit less stable than the others, as the two halves do not screw together and there is no additional tension beyond that provided by the delta ring.

The Daniel Defense Omega rail is a 2-piece drop-in design, but it allows the barrel to free-float; it is AFAIK one of the only such systems out there. Great quality and features and extremely lightweight, but :spend:

:spend:is right... that Daniel Defense Omega system sounds nice (looked at the DD Omega website), and it runs 200+++ dollars.:eek: I don't think I'll be spending that type of money on a hand guard.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I had a troy drop in and it was loose. It is a well made piece and functioned fine but it annoyed me and in the end I couldn't live with it on my "nice" AR. I bought a used Daniel omega and it is solid. The troy is on my 22 copy of my big boy AR. buy once cry once.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I had a MI on one of my uppers and had no complaints, but I ended up switching to a UTG (yeah, I know the brand has issues) symmetrical because of the low weight for my latest carbine. It is as tight as the MI was and easier to install (the LGS employee that installed the MI could not get it level with the upper and it took me a couple of more tries once I got home to get the MI correct vs. the UTG which was straight and level from the start)

Leapers, Inc. - Hunting/Shooting, Sporting Goods and Security Gear

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    I to had a Troy drop on rail, it was too loose. Sold it and bought a KAC RAS, couldn't be happier. I've had a few of the free floating Troy units and they were very nice.

Top Bottom