• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Opinions requested. Did the gunsmith who shortened my stock and fit this pad booger it up, or is it just me?

IMG_0317.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0316%201.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    OMG!! The video explains it! It's not upside down, he cut the stock wrong. He didn't make the cut perpendicular to the line of sight! Or as BigBoxa said, the angle of the butt to the comb isn't 45 degrees.

Right. And then he extended the stock angles onto the recoil pad. And installed it 180degrees off in the z axis.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Right. And then he extended the stock angles onto the recoil pad. And installed it 180degrees off in the z axis.

If the stock is recut to the proper angles, it will be significantly shorter, I assume?
    When I took this to him, I thought this guy knew what he was doing.:( He did other work for me, and it was fine.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    2/3rd of the way to your swivel would be perpendicular from what I see. And that's cutting at the very edge of the upper material.

Im guessing you lose another inch or so overall. But less on the lop. Because you're only moving one end of the cut.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    2/3rd of the way to your swivel would be perpendicular from what I see. And that's cutting at the very edge of the upper material.

Im guessing you lose another inch or so overall. But less on the lop. Because you're only moving one end of the cut.

That seems about right.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Cut wrong, pad not even close to being fitted correctly. What a mess. That's why I learned to do just this job myself.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Well, I brought it back to him yesterday, and he did concur that the grinding of the pad was messed up. As to the angle, he said that he cut it at the same angle it was (!) and I said, "That's the problem, it was shortened and cut to the same angle, and it's no longer perpendicular to line of sight." His reply: Ok, well some guys like it that way, some like it the other way. I said no way anyone likes it the way he cut it, told him what to do and he's going to do it. If he has any doubts, I told him to call me before he cuts.

I believe in giving someone a chance to make it right, and look forward to giving nice update as to how satisfied I am. Trying to be optimistic.

Top Bottom