• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Anyone roll their own? Or does everyone subscribe to my favorite buddy Massad Ayoob's opinion that if you handload your carry ammo, best case you'll be declared a raving lunatic in court, and the more likely case is you'll just be sent straight to the gas chamber without trial?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've been known too carry handloads. I've got no problem with it. If someone tries to bring it up in court, the defenses are simple, and only serve to make me look more responsible and conscientious.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    DRT Powder Core

I have been looking into picking up some of these to see if they are as good as they say they are.
    Looks and sounds interesting anyway.

Dynamic Research Technologies - video player

_technology.jpg

The powder core technology has been around for a while. However current examples on the market do not come apart uniformly and are not very accurate. DRT™ is the first company who has figured out how to stabilize the bullet in flight to achieve high accuracy and still have full frangibility.
    Our jackets have a concentricity of less than two tenths of one thousands. That is a first in the ammunition world.
    We insert a compressed core of powdered metal that is not bonded or sintered. At the end of this operation we have a projectile with perfect spin stability. In lead bullets you have bubbles in the core and impurities in the lead. In our cores we use laboratory grade materials that are 99.9% pure. We then combine the bullet with prepped brass - sized, cut to length and weighed for a perfect match.
    Our neck size is within one half of a thousand's on our brass cases. Our powder tolerance is within three tenths of a grain.
    The technology of powder cores has an advantage over the lead technology.
    The bullet flies more balanced in spin stability mode. On impact with harder metals the powdered core disintegrates, thus no ricochet. When it penetrates a gel block or organic tissue, the hydrostatic shock of the soft material going into the hollow point actually makes the entire core projectile expand. There are no large chunks, just fine dust doing the terminal damage.
    This technology allows for a one shot kill - you hit something in the body cavity, it will die.

Our bullets outshoot lead core bullets - accuracy, range, wind drift. That is because of the increased ballistic coefficient on them. It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words, so we have prepared actual video footage from our gel block tests that demonstrate the terminal ballistics:

The powder core technology has been around for a while. However current examples on the market have little to no accuracy and limited frangibility. DRT is the first company to figure out how to stabilize the bullet in flight to achieve high accuracy and full dispersion of the powdered core in the wound cavity creating extensive Terminal Ballistics.

Handgun Ammunition

DRT lead-free projectile is a revolutionary round. The bullet breaks apart on contact with a solid surface. It can be calibrated to turn to metallic dust when it strikes the thinnest metal, or beefed up to pierce thick layers of steel.
    Our round can be fired by law enforcement officers without any fear of ricochet or pass through, or fear of injury or death to innocent bystanders from ricochet or pass through.
    Calibers currently in production (
    pdf.png
    2008 Price List):

Last edited:

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I've been known too carry handloads. I've got no problem with it. If someone tries to bring it up in court, the defenses are simple, and only serve to make me look more responsible and conscientious.

I've always felt that my handloads are much better quality then factory loads. I measure each charge, check every round, and they're perfect. For what it's worth, I load 185 grain Speer Gold Dots into brand new Starline cases.

Top Bottom