Oops, all U.S. banks closed. Electrical Grid Down. Watcha Gonna Do???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    My house I left when I moved to Indiana was natural gas hot water baseboard heat which was nice. I wired the furnace so I could hook up an inverter and run it off a 12 volt battery. Don't know how long it would run like that but did try it for about an hour and it ran fine.
    Our new house is all electric and I bought and hooked up a 12,000 generator. It won't run the furnace but seems to handle everything else fine. We had looked into a Generac but would have had to add a propane tank which we had no desire to do. I don't remember what the wattage size Generac recommended but they had two options, to run just the furnace and lights was $17,000 and to run the whole house was $24,000. Jim.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes agreed.am I correct that pemmican “does “ require a lot of fat?

From memory only its meat and fat mixed and ground after drying maybe adding some other seasoning or grain???
    Kind of. It takes tallow. If you used un-rendered fat it would turn rancid very quickly.

As for the OP.
    Did my transformer blow?

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    It is always useful to keep a set of candlesticks on hand. For every romantic setting and end of the world which requires it.

Attachments

• 20221213_201612_1.jpg
      20221213_201612_1.jpg
      396.1 KB · Views: 3

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Reach into my gun safe and grab some of my emergency cash or coins stash

I know we are friends, but why did you advertise your stash forever on the internet? When I lived in Illinois, my neighbor got shot in the chest after "advertising". He got a new color TV and put the box out to the curb on trash day.

Some crooks are opportunists, some are pretty resourceful.

Color me grey.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My house I left when I moved to Indiana was natural gas hot water baseboard heat which was nice. I wired the furnace so I could hook up an inverter and run it off a 12 volt battery. Don't know how long it would run like that but did try it for about an hour and it ran fine.
    Our new house is all electric and I bought and hooked up a 12,000 generator. It won't run the furnace but seems to handle everything else fine. We had looked into a Generac but would have had to add a propane tank which we had no desire to do. I don't remember what the wattage size Generac recommended but they had two options, to run just the furnace and lights was $17,000 and to run the whole house was $24,000. Jim.
    Quick rule of thumb for the battery inverter . Batteries are Amp Hour, no other car terms matter. 100% efficiency at 120 volt fed by 12 volt battery will be Amps times 10. A 6 amp furnace draw will take at least 60 amps out of the battery per hour. A furnace that runs 1/3rd the time will take 3 times as long to use up the 60 amp.

* there is no such thing as a 100% efficiency inverter, so take off 15 or 20% for routine duty

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not gonna write a method of occurrence, but the U.S. banks just took a bank holiday. It’s happened before (In the U.S.). All the banks are closed and no definite re-opening date, if ever.

A small but very rich OPEC country just lost all of it’s ability to produce electricity. They call on other countries to supply electricity. Soon those countries (the helpers) lose ability to produce electricity. Again, shortly it’s a regional thing, other countries lose electricity.

Within 24 hours all countries on that continent lose ability to produce electricity. The banks call on other banks to support them causing a bank run. This crawls it‘s way to the world banks, they come to the rescue. And soon after, those countries that host World Bank‘s lose their ability to produce electricity.

Shortening the story, within 72 hours the problem has reached the USA. The banks are all closed, we, you, have no electricity. No news on restoration of power or finances. It’s a world wide problem.

Watcha gonna do????
    Well if it happens tonight, through tomorrow I'll through a few more logs on the fire, sleep in, and enjoy a few days of peace. No need worrying about something you can't change.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Sorry but I'm not giving up my fat without a fight. Liposuction just isn't my thing. Besides I need that fat to survive a few extra days longer than the skinny folks.
    *, if you’re that chubby you can live on 800 cals. a day for a year or more. …..:lmfao:

Top Bottom