• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toppgunnz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Indiana
    Soliciting opinions to buy online. I've purchased from Bud's, but they were widely known for their prices until recently, and rarely have stock. Appreciate it!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Soliciting opinions to buy online. I've purchased from Bud's, but they were widely known for their prices until recently, and rarely have stock. Appreciate it!
    Open ended question.
    What internet company are you thinking about buying from?
    There are many reputable internet companies and fives times as many scams.
    Name the company.

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    I've purchased firearms from a few online "stores".
    sportsmansguide.com, sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com, tombstonetactical.com, ranierarms.com.
    Each purchase has gone without issue, every time.
    All of them seem to be within 10s of dollars of each other with the cheaper ones having higher shipping rate often.
    To me, it's almost a wash, as far as shopping based on price.
    I've found inventory to be the largest determination of where to purchase.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Made several purchases with different vendors. Have to figure in the shipping and transfer fee into the total cost, but I've been successful. Depending on what you're looking for, the Gun Genie in Gallery of Guns is pretty helpful getting an instant quote to dealers in your area. Easy to use.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Grabagun is one of my main go to online sellers of firearms and accessories. Almost always cheapest or close to and I've dealt with them dozens of times without issue, so I'm not at all hesitant about using or recommending them. As mentioned, yes you need to make sure you get the full picture on price, firearm price + tax + shipping + FFL fee. Most of the time you're still going to be under what a LGS will usually be asking. Most around my area are still $50+ higher most of the time, so you can usually save a decent amount going online. Make sure you inspect the gun thoroughly before filling out the 4473 and paying for the gun. If anything isn't right, you can refuse it. Site may charge you a fee, but it's better than accepting a gun that isn't right.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I check my pricing on this website: https://gun.deals/

I check by running a search by name, then model # from the manufacturers website.

I've never seen a good deal on grabagun for anything that I was looking for, but I've bought guns from Palmetto State Armory, Tombstonetactical, and smokey mountain gun works, and probably a few others.

BrockStrader22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 21, 2021
    Covington, IN
    Grabagun is one of my main go to online sellers of firearms and accessories. Almost always cheapest or close to and I've dealt with them dozens of times without issue, so I'm not at all hesitant about using or recommending them. As mentioned, yes you need to make sure you get the full picture on price, firearm price + tax + shipping + FFL fee. Most of the time you're still going to be under what a LGS will usually be asking. Most around my area are still $50+ higher most of the time, so you can usually save a decent amount going online. Make sure you inspect the gun thoroughly before filling out the 4473 and paying for the gun. If anything isn't right, you can refuse it. Site may charge you a fee, but it's better than accepting a gun that isn't right.
    Grabagun used to be my go to but they have been high lately. Everything I have bought from them has been great though. KYgunco usually has some deals, PSA is always great.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    There is a thread here where members post deals they find:

There is discussion of the vendors also.

As mentioned earlier searching for deals on gun.deals will help you find good prices. Using the manufacturers part or model number works best.

Make sure you factor in shipping, taxes, and possibly credit card fees to the total.

Have an FFL chosen before you order online. Check with your FFL for their procedures before ordering. I send mine a copy of my order so they know what to expect. Your FFL may have to send the vendor you purchase from a copy of their license. Make sure you know what their transfer fee is up front.

When tracking shows your item has arrived at the FFL be patient. Depending on the number of deliveries and their staffing they might not get your order checked in immediately. My FFL emails me when my order can be picked up. Inspect your purchase before completing the 4473. Once the transfer is completed it's much harder to fix mistakes.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I have used several internet sites and have never had issues. I use gun.deals as well. I also check with my LGS to see if they can match or get close to the internet price. Once you pay shipping and transfer fees many times my LGS is mearly as good a deal or rarely an even better deal. I have paid $25-50 more at my LGS just to support them as it is really nice to have someone nearby that wants your business and if issues arise will take care of you.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    When tracking shows your item has arrived at the FFL be patient. Depending on the number of deliveries and their staffing they might not get your order checked in immediately. My FFL emails me when my order can be picked up. Inspect your purchase before completing the 4473. Once the transfer is completed it's much harder to fix mistakes.
    us defense solutions calls me within the hour of me getting the delivery notification from ups

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I bought a pistol from sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com a couple years ago and had a good experience.

I bought a rifle from eurooptic.com about nine months ago and it was also a good experience.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    You would think lgs would match the gun price+shipping+ffl fee to sell from their inventory. Even if they had to order the gun, it's a quick sale with very little handling. When i worked in a small engine shop here in knox(i was the main and only mechanic), my moto was to sell cheaper than other stores. My end result was i sold more parts and such and made more money for the store i worked for.

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    You would think lgs would match the gun price+shipping+ffl fee to sell from their inventory. Even if they had to order the gun, it's a quick sale with very little handling. When i worked in a small engine shop here in knox(i was the main and only mechanic), my moto was to sell cheaper than other stores. My end result was i sold more parts and such and made more money for the store i worked for.
    Does seem to make good sense... to make a little $$ is better than not making any $$

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    My understanding is the way gun distributors work the big box stores that buy in quantity get significantly lower prices than the little guy. In a few cases, the internet price + shipping + transfer fee has been lower than their cost. Can't stay in business long if you don’t make some $ with a sale. The benefit is if something needs warrantee work a good local guy will package and ship back for you. With the new rules by FedEx and UPS you need to go to their main facility to ship a firearm as a non-ffl (their stores will not accept firearms for shipment). If you have a relationship with your LGS they can ship from the store when they get their regular deliveries.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I have NEVER bought a weapon on-line. I may pay a bit more from my LGS but the owner treats me well and is very competitive. I have purchased ammo thru a LEO friend who buys pallets and gets a dang fine deal.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I used Gallery of Guns not to long ago. Was very easy, just contacted the LGS about a transfer beforehand.

He told me they can get stuff that he is not even able to order, because they order so much more than him and have a bigger stock to keep things in inventory.

Top Bottom