• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Family firearms has some great pricing at times and no sales tax at time of purchase. I haven't ordered from them yet, but emailed about my last purchase to see if they could get to same price. Got a quick reply and they couldn't then, but just a few weeks later and now they have it cheaper than who I ordered it from. (Grrr)

They are on my check list and if they have my next purchase at the price I'm looking for they are getting my business, largely because of how fast they responded to my previous emails.
    Family Firearms is good people. I've dealt with them enough, and always answer questions very quickly. They ship fast too.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    I've never made any online firearm purchases that require being sent to a FFL for transfer. Well, I've made one attempt through Guns America and received a confirmation email from them. The next day I received an email from them that stated "rejected by seller". I emailed the selling FFL asking why but didn't get any response from them. So now I'm back to square one.
    So obviously there are a number of websites to buy from. My question is, are there any particular sites to steer clear of?
    I chose Guns America because they already had my preferred local FFL's information.
    For those of us with a minor reading comprehension like myself, can someone please tell me when the OP's actual question will be answered? English is not my 1st language...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    For those of us with a minor reading comprehension like myself, can someone please tell me when the OP's actual question will be answered? English is not my 1st language...
    I thought of this as well, and since I saw others giving where to buy, I gave that but also with a flavor of who I would avoid going forward.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well, I think some may have taken the long way around the barn. But sharing places that other have had good experiences dealing with is helpful too.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I’ve used Buds and Davidson gallery of guns in the past.

I was having a hard time finding the new 350 legend deer gun that I wanted. midway USA had it in stock. I went to a local for a transfer, and they did better and was able to order it

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I cannot give that information all i know to do is give the ones I know are good to go.
    I do a lot of research on the companies I buy from, and check out there BBB ratings, also go by others experiences with companies I look to do business with.
    I also email the companies to get a feeler if they have decent customer service, and seem to be someone I'd want to do business with.
    When that all fails I'll come here, and ask if I can't get any info on a company.

Places that only deal with crypto currency stay away from that is #1

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    I agree, but I think it's even more helpful pointing out the companies that should be avoided like the plague
    Perhaps the small number of members who have replied have only had good results when buying guns online or the businesses with which they had a problem have gone out of business, so there is no reason to list them.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Now there are a few sites that have dealer networks pre setup.

Aim Surplus is this way. Though Aim locally only really had listed a weird FFL on the SE side in the side of a TV repair shop... I always made a point to make a visit to the place before I order from AIM. To make sure he is still running.

Simpson Limited just adds any FFL to their database that they have previously shipped to, and if they have that FFL already, they just ship it. But they only sell over the phone despite having a website.

Cabelas/Bass Pro leverages their big brick and mortar network. They will ship anything at a nationwide Bass pro/Cabelas(That isn't in Alaska) to your nearest Cabelas/Bass Pro for free and do the transfer locally for free.

For my local transfers I use USDS in Greenwood (though its in the Greenwood Postcode, its off County line on future I-69, soon to be former 37). USDS Puts a copy of their FFL online.

Brownells was the only one that was sort of minor headache about shipping it to USDS. Despite having it listed as a pre approved dealer. The lady there still wanted the FFL form, so I just went to the USDS website and downloaded it, and emailed it.. don't know why they couldn't do that.

Otherwise I have never felt the need to tell the transfer FFL that something is coming.

There are some ones to steer clear of, they are SCAM SITES... they only take Zelle/Cash App or Bitcoin... (

Betafirearmsusa.com DO NOT GO HERE.. it is a scam.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    For those of us with a minor reading comprehension like myself, can someone please tell me when the OP's actual question will be answered? English is not my 1st language
    Where are your places to avoid? Bitching about others giving good places to shop isn't even related to the topic at hand.

Oh, avoid Cheaper than Dirt. ****ing gougers.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Happened to run across this today. Might be helpful, might not be. I'm not very much into reddit, but always seems to come up in searches.

r/gundealsFU (note the FU stands for follow up)

Have an experience with a recent r/gundeals? Post it here! Welcome to r/gundeals follow up!

Last edited:

penguinship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2020
    Bloomington
    Cabelas/Bass Pro leverages their big brick and mortar network. They will ship anything at a nationwide Bass pro/Cabelas(That isn't in Alaska) to your nearest Cabelas/Bass Pro for free and do the transfer locally for free.
    Yeah, as it should be. Just as it would be ridiculous for your gun shop to charge an additional transfer fee, you're already buying from the bass pro/cabelas with the transfer priced in.

Top Bottom