• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    I just realized today is one year since I last had a cigarette or a drink of alcohol!

Had a minor health scare last year that turned out to really be nothing, but scared the **** out me anyways so figured I'd just cut it out cold turkey. I have never much of a drinker so that really want a big deal, but I had smoked for a long time. But sticking around long enough to see my kids grow up is more important.

Just wanted to share my accomplishment if anyone else out there is struggling, it definitely gets easier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Congrats Sir, quite the accomplishment.
    Had a health issue that ushered in a cleaner lifestyle myself.
    Happy to hear all is well healthwise, and again, congrats on your milestone.

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    Never saw my father in law without a cigarette in his mouth. Died of bladder cancer at 62. He never got to see any of his 8 grandchildren grow up. Incentive enough for me to try to remain healthy. Kudos to all who quit smoking and make other healthy decisions. May you see your grandchildren grow up.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Congrats!!

After 45 years of pack-a-day smoking, I quit cold turkey back in early November of 2019 and haven't looked back since! Just wish it would've stuck the 1st time I tried to quit 20 years earlier...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Congrats @Nojoy621

Keep it up.
    May will be two years since I've had a drink. I saw some issues creeping up so I just quit before it became an issue.

I have up cigarettes about a decade and chew about 5 years ago too. I have a few cigars every now and then when it's nice out.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Congratulations on your milestone. Keep up the good work!
    25 years without a cig and approaching 4 years basically alcohol free (I've had 1 beer with my military son on 2 occasions he's been home). The $ I have saved by not smoking has supported my motorcycle habit.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    Thanks everyone for the support and inspiration. I hope to celebrate some major milestones like the rest of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom