• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    That is insane. He makes it looks so easy... IndyGunworks, some people shoot their deer, throw it on back of a pickup, drop it off at the processing shop with $200 and pick up bologna in 3 weeks. I couldn't imagine associating with those types of people, but they're out there.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Which is exactly why I'm not taking my deer to a processor. I don't want meat that comes from someone who doesn't care for the meat properly after the kill. It'll be a learning experience as I've only done it once and that was 20 years ago but if I try to feed my family some gamey tasting crap they'll never be willing to try it again. I don't want venison from someone else's kill.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Wow! That was quite an awesome display.

Last couple deer I've taken to Little Bucks in Martinsville for processing. I just got back my doe on Sunday. Taste great and no one has gotten sick. Their sausage is delicious.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Pretty impressive. We take our kills across the river to Brandenburg KY to Web's. They do an amazing job and have an incredible selection of products from bacon, sausage, brats, bologna, summer sausage and jerkey. While I figure it's safe to assume your not getting your meat in buying these processed items the quality is still top notch and taste if far better than others I have tried. All cuts comeback packaged vacuum sealed and a pretty close reflection to what you turned in.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Wow! That was quite an awesome display.

Last couple deer I've taken to Little Bucks in Martinsville for processing. I just got back my doe on Sunday. Taste great and no one has gotten sick. Their sausage is delicious.

(venison chili....*cough cough*) :D

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I still have venison burger in the freezer from last season. The wife is using it more and more for her recipes. I had it processed in mooresville at Kenny's Fine Meats. $85 for him to skin it and process it. There was an additional charge for summer sausage, but I wanted burger, roasts and of course, back straps! Yum! Less than a two week turn around and it was all wrapped in butchers paper and labeled. When I picked it up there was every bit of my meat there and all flash frozen.

And that burger makes for awesome chili!

Topper80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Bloomington
    I still have venison burger in the freezer from last season. The wife is using it more and more for her recipes. I had it processed in mooresville at Kenny's Fine Meats. $85 for him to skin it and process it. There was an additional charge for summer sausage, but I wanted burger, roasts and of course, back straps! Yum! Less than a two week turn around and it was all wrapped in butchers paper and labeled. When I picked it up there was every bit of my meat there and all flash frozen.

And that burger makes for awesome chili!
    She says you make the best no bean chili. Truth

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom