• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Thanks Doug. Yes you are further down the evolutionary chain, a "grease monkey" is a type of primate. Me and my opposable thumbs are capable of operating complicated equipment like the selector switch or even more importantly an xbox controller. So with all due humbleness HA HA SUCK IT MONKEY! HOMO SAPIENS FOR THE WIN!

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I saw the previews and was all excited to see a cool show, and was frankly disappointed. Instead what I get is a poorly written reality show with "4 of the most dangerous men in the world" (really? MMA fighters and one half blind guy? c'mon) They market it as a test for special forces when it's really just a game show for has-bens and people that want to see if they're cut out for some rough exercise.

Granted it looks like fun, some of the challenges are hard, and a few of the contestants are real bad asses, it has just really failed to live up to the hype.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Since we're being nitpicky, if the host of the show is former SF, then he's not a Ranger, since Rangers aren't considered SF.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just say the hosts name out loud a few times in a row and see if anyone looks at you funny...or read these sentences out loud:

"Myke Hawk hurts"
    "I like to play with Myke Hawk"
    "Where's Myke Hawk" :D

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Since we're being nitpicky, if the host of the show is former SF, then he's not a Ranger, since Rangers aren't considered SF.

Most SF guys have their Ranger tabs. Ive known some team Sgts that require it. That being said some of the best operators I know dont have a Ranger tab. For the record a member of the armed forces that has attended and graduated Ranger school is Ranger qualified, an Army Ranger is a Ranger qualified soldier who is in(past or present) a Ranger unit operating in a Ranger capacity. No matter where you go after Regt. you will always be an Army Ranger Oh and on topic this show was wicked disappointing, Top Shot for the win.

P.S. I consider LRRSies Rangers as well. Tho that is a point of contention.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Most SF guys have their Ranger tabs. Ive known some team Sgts that require it. That being said some of the best operators I know dont have a Ranger tab. For the record a member of the armed forces that has attended and graduated Ranger school is Ranger qualified, an Army Ranger is a Ranger qualified soldier in a Ranger unit operating in a Ranger capacity. Oh and on topic this show was wicked disappointing, Top Shot for the win.

I'm not doubting anything about what you say. Rangers are squared away (Big Time). One of my best friends is a Ranger. But I loove givin' him grief and telling him that he "aint" Delta. Lucky for me I can actually outrun him.

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Kutnupe14 I got my start in Bat. moved on from there. My brother is a PJ no matter how big and hooah those we care about get its our duty to give em grief and keep em grounded. My dad and I were both SOF I have an Uncle who was a SEAL two more were Rangers and the fourth was a I kid you not a tanker. No one in the history of ribbing has suffered as that man has. have a good un'

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I enjoy the show, especially watching all the hardasses get slaughtered by little quick guys. That Marine "superman" guy was just phenomenal. Seems like a really decent guy (hey, he's a marine after all) and just an absolute brute of a soldier.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I missed the show. I haven't had my TV plugged in, let alone turned on, in 6 or 8 months.
    INRanger I'd like to meet you sometime and get some tips on how to stay alive. Thank you for your service.

Last edited:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    The defining difference between clips and magazines is the presence of a feed mechanism in a magazine, typically a spring loaded follower, which a clip lacks.<---Courtesy of Wikipedia. Easy enough, I'm sure this has been brought up before but i had to satisfy myself.

Last edited:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I love the first episode where the civilian doesn't just win but beats the crap out of the military types.

Then the guy says by the way I wanted to join the Army but they wouldn't take me cause I'm gay.

That was the best of the three episodes I have watched. Also, the one where the former UFC guy did really well was good. All the guys bragging how their military training makes them the best only to lose to a civilian:rockwoot: Apparently humbleness was not trained into them but the gay guy really made it over the top with the guys on that show. Overall, I think the show is silly for the most part.

Top Bottom