• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Already Emailed him about this the other day,when I got it also. Told him my displeasure if he was to veto a bill that passed but such a large majority and has received so much popular backing.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    1065 is NOT yet on his desk. It just got signed by Bauer today and (at least according to the state website) is yet to be signed by Sen. Long before it can go to Gov. Daniels.

I have yet to hear where HB 1068 is. It was signed by Bauer and Sen. Long by 3/1, ten days ago.

Blessings,
    Bill

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    My Email has been sent via: Governor Daniels: Ask Mitch

Here's what I wrote:
    I am writing to ask you to please sign HB1065 and protect my 2nd Ammendment rights. Also sign this bill to preserve and protect the right granted me in Article I Section 32 of the Indiana constitution: "...to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State." Remember you are sworn to defend that constitution. If you fail to sign this bill I will consider you to have failed to defend that constitution and will be forced to consider that failure at the next election.
    Thank you.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good letter, however he will not have another election for the Governor's job. Term limits mean someone else has to run. Personally, I hope it's Lt. Gov. Skillman.

Blessings,
    Bill

+1 Bill

I got a chance to meet her at last years Rib Fest downtown. She's a very pleasant lady to speak with.

We like her too for Mitch's post. :yesway:

TK

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    Good letter, however he will not have another election for the Governor's job. Term limits mean someone else has to run. Personally, I hope it's Lt. Gov. Skillman.

Blessings,
    Bill

Well, I guess that pretty much makes it an idle threat doesn't it. Thanks for the info, I guess I probably should have known that, so I didn't sound like a fool. I guess that's the reason I read a lot more of these threads than I post to. Reminds me of the the old saying that goes something like, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Well, I guess that pretty much makes it an idle threat doesn't it. Thanks for the info, I guess I probably should have known that, so I didn't sound like a fool. I guess that's the reason I read a lot more of these threads than I post to. Reminds me of the the old saying that goes something like, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

Don't take it too badly, I'll be surprised if he does not run for another office.

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I sent him an email too. I got an email alert from NRA ILA. Part of the bill also has to do with not having our weapons confiscated during a state of emergency. When the looters show up, I would prefer to be ready.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Don't take it too badly, I'll be surprised if he does not run for another office.
    ^^This. I'd look for him to head to Washington if he doesn't hold off one or two terms here and try to come back to the Governor's job.

Even if he doesn't sign this into law or allow it to pass without his signature, he's still done some very good things for this state that our neighbors can't say they've done. I'd sure consider him again... which is not to say I would or wouldn't vote for him; that would depend against whom he was running.

Blessings,
    Bill

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Great day to flood the governor's office with phone calls and emails for HB 1065. If you haven't done it yet do it today. If you have do it again. Get 5 of your friends together and share one phone call by passing the phone around. 1-317-232-4567

Top Bottom