• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think that's a positive, although those aren't the ones to worry about. It's the armed drones that you don't see are the ones to worry about.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'd be more worried about the Ospreys falling out of the sky.
    Deathtraps.

No moreso than the CH-46s they're being purchased to replace. Both are very complicated pieces of aviatin' machinery; it's just that one can go a LOT faster than the other one.

CH-53s had their teething troubles, as did every other helo of this generation. Make that "every other aircraft"; there are few examples of advanced aircraft which haven't killed flight crews during their workups to operational status. For a while after being introduced, the AH-64 was the most accident-prone aircraft in the Army inventory - it could do so much the pilots got into task overload, lost situational awareness, and (usually) crashed into trees.

I've talked to Osprey crew and while they're maintenance intensive (what egg-beater isn't?) the crew I talked to professed to love them for their capabilities. Can't ask for any more than that.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Yesterday a flight of two V-22 Ospreys flew over my house 3 times and they did the same thing today! The government must be spying on me!

I'm sorry, we don't know you or why you are posting on this thread or in this forum. We've never seen you on here before at all!:whistle::D

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Hook

No moreso than the CH-46s they're being purchased to replace. Both are very complicated pieces of aviatin' machinery; it's just that one can go a LOT faster than the other one.

CH-53s had their teething troubles, as did every other helo of this generation. Make that "every other aircraft"; there are few examples of advanced aircraft which haven't killed flight crews during their workups to operational status. For a while after being introduced, the AH-64 was the most accident-prone aircraft in the Army inventory - it could do so much the pilots got into task overload, lost situational awareness, and (usually) crashed into trees.

I've talked to Osprey crew and while they're maintenance intensive (what egg-beater isn't?) the crew I talked to professed to love them for their capabilities. Can't ask for any more than that.

You could also always spot the CH-47 crew chief from the other end of the flight line. He was the one with an adjustable wrench sticking out of one pocket, a oily rag in another and his flight suit looked like somebody hung him on a piece of safety wire and dipped him in a drum of 5606!

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I saw those yesterday as I was driving in to work. They made a loop NW of Eagle Creek then headed south toward the airport over the west side of Indy. Pretty cool to watch.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    Yesterday a flight of two V-22 Ospreys flew over my house 3 times and they did the same thing today! The government must be spying on me!

It's worse than that. They flew over the Payless Liquors, Subway AND Jo-Ann fabrics in Greenbriar today. WHILE we were on our way to take our oldest to a CHRISTIAN camp.

AND I was driving a Chevy with American Tourister luggage onboard.

:tinfoil:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Guess nobody seen the black ops helicopter with the side mounted camera set up for facial recognition flying around today.

No, but I was talking to a buddy yesterday and he told me he saw two "black" Black Hawks hovering over Southport High School not too long ago.

BTW, if you happen to see Black Hawks that are gloss black with gold trim, those are Customs birds.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    The short answer is "Yes they are watching you", just not via those choppers........

Choppers are so 20th century bro... big brother is all about 21st century intel gathering methods...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The short answer is "Yes they are watching you", just not via those choppers........

Choppers are so 20th century bro... big brother is all about 21st century intel gathering methods...

I think you need to re-evaluate the above, they are watching via those choppers. Bet that nice little addition to the side there is a high resolution camera linked to so pretty bad a** facial recognition software.

This isn't some photo dragged off the internet either, I took it yesterday
    sitting in the North Vista. It was circling the track most of the day.
    IMG_3032.jpg

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I think you need to re-evaluate the above, they are watching via those choppers. Bet that nice little addition to the side there is a high resolution camera linked to so pretty bad a** facial recognition software.

This isn't some photo dragged off the internet either, I took it yesterday
    sitting in the North Vista. It was circling the track most of the day.

Probably equipped with some mighty good FLIR equipment also.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Guess nobody seen the black ops helicopter with the side mounted camera set up for facial recognition flying around today.

I have interesting story about black helicopters. I know a guy who was a mechanic in the Air Force and worked on Helicopters. I asked him about the black ones once--if they were real or not. He told me that when he was at Edwards they had just finished working on some choppers and his CO came to move them on to the next assignment. In the distance he saw several black helicopters on the ground. He asked the CO if they were going to be working on them too and the CO answered, "Son, you can't work on what doesn't exist." My friend didn't ask any more questions after that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom