• ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Happy Birthday Mr. Smitty.

You could run a little "Intro to welding" class.
    Lord knows I could stand some pointers.
    I've got the grinding ugly welds down pat.
    This is a great idea! It would get your feet wet in the consulting world.

I would also imagine there is plenty of work for an experienced welder who just wants to do it as a side gig. Pick up a few jobs here and there, charge by the job. You could easily add several grand in income over a year.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This is a great idea! It would get your feet wet in the consulting world.

I would also imagine there is plenty of work for an experienced welder who just wants to do it as a side gig. Pick up a few jobs here and there, charge by the job. You could easily add several grand in income over a year.
    This!!! I was thinking about learning how to weld. My option was full welding school or teach myself. I really didn't want to do either so I tried to find a guy to teach me. No luck.

I ended up hiring a guy to do some welding on my utility trailer. Nice guy, started with a small Miller and a Ram pickup. Now has a fully equipped welding rig. Does remote welding. Base charge to show up is $200. He is covered up with work. More than he can handle.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Befriend a teenage neighbor of a different race and get the local gang sent to prison when they shoot you for pulling out a Zippo. Give the teenager your most prized possession in your will and anger your grandchild(ren)

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Befriend a teenage neighbor of a different race and get the local gang sent to prison when they shoot you for pulling out a Zippo. Give the teenager your most prized possession in your will and anger your grandchild(ren)
    That sounds like a decent movie plot!
    Maybe add some fluff like breaking into a garage, make neighbor kid do chores...

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Early 2000's I worked with an industrial electrician who ha retired from a company with 30 and out with a good monthly retirement. But the benifit went down by what his SS would be when he hit 62. He watched his pay all spring and the day he would have went over his SS limit he drove up to the guard shack and handed them his I.D. card. Jim.

Top Bottom