• ...and so much more!
  • Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    About 2 years ago, I bought a P365. My daughter liked it so much that she bought one of her own. Maybe 6 months ago, I bought a P365XL. I liked the XL so much that I (prematurely) sold the P365. Since I sold the P365, I've put about 4-500 rounds through the XL. Which is just enough to figure out that I actually DETEST the XL's flat trigger. I can feel the angle in the trigger itself while shooting, more troublesome than that, I can feel that my trigger finger is not always in the same place wrt the angle in the trigger. It bugs me. I wanted my standard P365 curved trigger back. It just feels more consistent to me. Muscle memory and all that. Soooooo... I bought an Official Sig-Sauer P365 curved replacement trigger. I think it was $29. I watched, and downloaded, a good video about changing the trigger out. Now that I am thinking about ACTUALLY changing the trigger, I am having 2nd thoughts. I know I will not go through the hassle of going back and forth; once I change it, it will be curved FOREVER. What if I want to go back to straight trigger? Lately, I have been considering my options: 1.) change to curved and forget it. 2.) Leave it straight and get used to it. 3.) Buy another P365. Sig does confound the issue by only selling the FCU with a straight trigger installed, so there goes the FCU option. I appeal to the wise and learned INGO community for the best option of those listed. If you are a member of the INGO community, and neither wise nor learned, please feel free to comment anyway. I will politely pretend to read your responses, too.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So what exactly is the question?

I prefer the flat trigger and had my standard P365 changed to it. I also have an XL and an X both with flat trigger.
    I have one 365 left that I haven't changed as I just haven't gotten to it.

If you want curved, change it. It's not irreversible. There are worse excuses for buying a new gun, but this really isn't a big decision.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    My daughters both wanted 365s.
    I shot their guns and then bought one for me.
    I came across a slide with a red dot sight, bought it and put it on my gun.
    Fun little guns.
    I suppose I need another lower for the extra slide now.

Lpherr

Occupied
    About 2 years ago, I bought a P365. My daughter liked it so much that she bought one of her own. Maybe 6 months ago, I bought a P365XL. I liked the XL so much that I (prematurely) sold the P365. Since I sold the P365, I've put about 4-500 rounds through the XL. Which is just enough to figure out that I actually DETEST the XL's flat trigger. I can feel the angle in the trigger itself while shooting, more troublesome than that, I can feel that my trigger finger is not always in the same place wrt the angle in the trigger. It bugs me. I wanted my standard P365 curved trigger back. It just feels more consistent to me. Muscle memory and all that. Soooooo... I bought an Official Sig-Sauer P365 curved replacement trigger. I think it was $29. I watched, and downloaded, a good video about changing the trigger out. Now that I am thinking about ACTUALLY changing the trigger, I am having 2nd thoughts. I know I will not go through the hassle of going back and forth; once I change it, it will be curved FOREVER. What if I want to go back to straight trigger? Lately, I have been considering my options: 1.) change to curved and forget it. 2.) Leave it straight and get used to it. 3.) Buy another P365. Sig does confound the issue by only selling the FCU with a straight trigger installed, so there goes the FCU option. I appeal to the wise and learned INGO community for the best option of those listed. If you are a member of the INGO community, and neither wise nor learned, please feel free to comment anyway. I will politely pretend to read your responses, too.
    I'm hearing a future visit to squirt. :dunno:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    You don't like how it is, you already bought the parts to change it, just change it. Not like you're debating adopting a kid, you coulda had it changed by the time you wrote that post and coulda changed it a dozen times since reading our responses. talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You could just mail me that flat trigger when you've swapped it out, if that will make you feel better about changing it out. You're welcome.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I hate flat triggers too. Just change it. It's not hard...literally a 5 minute job, if that. You can always switch it back, but seeing how you detest them I don't understand why you would. One of my P320s came with a flat trigger and that blocky X-Grip module, and I had replacement parts waiting when it got here. Swapped them out and have never regretted it once.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Change it , if I can do a full disassembly of a 1911down to pins and the sear, you can swap the trigger out on a P365.

NSOQ7OX.jpg

Personally I don't mind the flat trigger , but it did take some getting used to.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

Seriously it's not hard. There are lots of highly detailed and informative videos of complete teardown and reassembly of the 365 on YouTube. Just go for it, be careful and take your time. It's literally a gun made to tinkered with.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Change it , if I can do a full disassembly of a 1911down to pins and the sear, you can swap the trigger out on a P365.

NSOQ7OX.jpg

Personally I don't mind the flat trigger , but it did take some getting used to.
    Several years ago I seen a video of a gunsmith from Les Baer disassemble completely and put a 1911 back together in about 10 minutes or less IIRC.

He made it look so simple.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Several years ago I seen a video of a gunsmith from Les Baer disassemble completely and put a 1911 back together in about 10 minutes or less IIRC.

He made it look so simple.

Took me about two hours, but since I had it apart it was going to at least be cleaned well :abused:

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Ignore the troglodytes. Obviously you need a new pistol.
    I do believe you are correct, Sir. I've been considering a Tisas Duty B45 for quite some time. All black, no rail, no stupid Series 80 firing pin safety. I shall ponder it a bit longer as I've been out of work since early July. Still, if it itches, dontcha have to scratch it?

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    OP- I get where you’re coming from. I love my 365’s trigger. When I tried my dad’s XL, I was surprised how gritty it was. Definitely not an upgrade over the stock 365. And I’m not an anti-flat trigger guy. I LOVE my 320 X compact trigger. I don’t know what the deal is with the XL’s trigger (maybe my dad’s is an aberration?). Unless you need or want the extra slide length of the XL, I’d ditch the gun and go back to a regular old 365. YMMV.

Top Bottom