• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    Nice, Indiana should take note; however, I bet it gets vetoed.

In Ohio, Senate Bill 215, a constitutional carry bill, cleared both chambers this week, 57-35 in the House, and 24-8 in the Senate.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    3/5ths to override the governor's veto

99 reps means 60 votes needed, only 3 more than the 57 we already have

33 senators means 20 votes needed, we have more than we need

ALL 99 of the representatives are up for re-election this year. I'm betting we can find 3 votes

Governor may not even veto it, he may see the writing on the wall

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ohh thats embarrassing...

Ohio is generally a little behind Indiana on this stuff....... if Ohio gets it, and we don't yet. Its going to be a bit of a black eye for Indiana

areamike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    Monticello, IN
    Indiana - On Wednesday, a conference committee removed existing language from Senate Bill 209 to replace it with constitutional carry language from House Bill 1077. Now, the House and Senate will need to caucus to agree to sign the conference report.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Ohh thats embarrassing...

Ohio is generally a little behind Indiana on this stuff....... if Ohio gets it, and we don't yet. Its going to be a bit of a black eye for Indiana
    My Daughter and SIL live in Ohio so I follow it as well. A lot of folks thought DeWine would buck on last years “No Duty to Retreat” law but he actually signed it. Hopefully he goes with it.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Indiana - On Wednesday, a conference committee removed existing language from Senate Bill 209 to replace it with constitutional carry language from House Bill 1077. Now, the House and Senate will need to caucus to agree to sign the conference report.
    I wonder if Ohio spurred the RINOs fearing a backlash into action?

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    It only takes a simple majority in both chambers to override Holcomb if he vetoes it here. I think he’s going to sign it or simply take no action and allow it become law. Way too many eyes on him now. I think DeWine is going to sign it in Ohio, as well.

SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg
    They enacted constitution carry in AZ, and guess what, nothing bad happened. The idiots what were illegally carrying pistols and committing crimes were still being arrested just fine, and there weren’t the mass amounts of civilians shooting it out in the streets like the media made it out like there would be.

I’m surprised it took this long in OH and IN.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I’m surprised it took this long in OH and IN.
    So did we! And it's not done yet...

Indiana has a RINO problem. Help root it out if you are in a position to do so.

Far to many of our Republican Party affiliated politicians have no idea what the Indiana or United States Constitutions state, or even their own Party Platform.

Many of them are charitably called "Chamber of Commerce" Republicans, but to me that is insulting to many of our Chamber of Commerce members. Far to many are just old school (vs. the current communist Democratic party) Democrats trying to make it in a primarily Republican leaning State.

We really need to get back to electing representatives who first ask themselves is a proposal within the bounds of the Constitutions, second is this something government HAS to do, third is this something the level of government I am creating legislation for HAS to do. If my representative cannot make a cogent affirmative argument for all three, they are probably about to do something I consider wrong.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    About 20 years ago, I got banned from an old (now defunct) guitar forum that was based in Ohio. I got the boot because one guy was shrieking and wringing his hands because the Ohio legislature was considering allowing carry in drinking establishments. I simply informed him that carry in bar was not illegal in Indiana, and that blood was NOT flowing in the streets.

I wish I was still in contact with that guy, he’s probably really tore up over constitutional carry!:):

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    About 20 years ago, I got banned from an old (now defunct) guitar forum that was based in Ohio. I got the boot because one guy was shrieking and wringing his hands because the Ohio legislature was considering allowing carry in drinking establishments. I simply informed him that carry in bar was not illegal in Indiana, and that blood was NOT flowing in the streets.

I wish I was still in contact with that guy, he’s probably really tore up over constitutional carry!:):
    The 'blood in the streets' narrative has been dusted off, as if the people recklessly shooting each other daily now are obeying any of the many rules on the books or would hesitate to carry even if it were to fail

I don't know why they think criminals ever obey the laws. If we want to carry outside of our own state, most people will get/maintain a CCW anyway

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0