• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    Found this article this morning. Made me feel so much better. I am happy to hear that the intellectuals take pity on the "preppers".

"They are following in the footsteps of hippies in the 1960s who set up communes to separate themselves from what they saw as a materialistic society, and the survivalists in the 1990s who were hoping to escape the dictates of what they perceived as an increasingly secular and oppressive government."

Subculture of Americans prepares for civilization's collapse | Reuters

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm glad you put in purple.....I wouldn't recommend referring to these ignorants as "intellectuals" ...they obviously have no education in American history and the purpose of our country's founding documents (i.e. Constitution), much less in world history and steps taken for tyrants to gain control

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Yeah, those stupid preppers that want to be ready for things....don't they know fema will be around with everything they need in just a matter of weeks?, months? well they'll get there eventually....I wonder if they realize that in many cases prepping is actually required by law? Like auto liability, social security, etc....

Preppers, though are, worried about no government.
    LOL, I think it is just the opposite! At least in my case we are "prepping" to restore sanity in government and personal liberty...I wonder what this individual paid for that degree? Seems to be a serious punctuation problem here.
    A sense of "suffering and being afraid" is usually at the root of this kind of thinking, according to Cathy Gutierrez, an expert on end-times beliefs at Sweet Briar College in Virginia. Such feelings are not unnatural in a time of economic recession and concerns about a growing national debt, she said.
    I'm suffering NOW, and fear nothing. Why do I not fear? BECAUSE I AM PREPARED! When I think deeply about my reasons for being prepared and what I may be forced to do should need arise, it often makes my eyes leak, but not out of fear, out of a sense of patriotic duty to restore things to a livable society for my children that they won't have to.

I really take offense at how they are attempting to group us with religious zealots and nutjobs. I'm NOT drinking the poison kool-aid and stocking cyanide pills so I can get on the space ship....and they seem to lack a complete understanding of the mayan calender or at least are using a false perception of it to assist in making us sound like nutjobs....:puke:

Last edited:

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Read the comments. Couple of really stupid gov't lovers in there. Most are smart enough to get it though, unlike the writer.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I love how so many people look at us as we are crazy for prepping, but when the SHTF who do you think will be knocking at your door for help? The people that I personally know that are preppers are some of the best educated people around. I do however love the crazy looks that you get sometimes but I could really care less what people think of me or my family because I know my kids will be warm, feed, and happy while humanity falls apart for the ones who laughed and said we were all crazies.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Yeah, those stupid preppers that want to be ready for things....don't they know fema will be around with everything they need in just a matter of weeks?, months? well they'll get there eventually....I wonder if they realize that in many cases prepping is actually required by law? Like auto liability, social security, etc....

LOL, I think it is just the opposite! At least in my case we are "prepping" to restore sanity in government and personal liberty...I wonder what this individual paid for that degree? Seems to be a serious punctuation problem here.
    I'm suffering NOW, and fear nothing. Why do I not fear? BECAUSE I AM PREPARED! When I think deeply about my reasons for being prepared and what I may be forced to do should need arise, it often makes my eyes leak, but not out of fear, out of a sense of patriotic duty to restore things to a livable society for my children that they won't have to.

I really take offense at how they are attempting to group us with religious zealots and nutjobs. I'm NOT drinking the poison kool-aid and stocking cyanide pills so I can get on the space ship....and they seem to lack a complete understanding of the mayan calender or at least are using a false perception of it to assist in making us sound like nutjobs....:puke:

I agree. I think everyday about how I can better see to my immediate family's needs, I'm not a whack-job, I just want my family to have a better life. I will defend my family at all costs. I have zero faith in FEMA, why would I want to go to a camp, be stripped of my possessions, give up my right to defend myself, and rely on someone else to provide for me and mine?

I too, have the sense of duty to help restore things.

These people are out to marginalize those of us that "prep". They want everyone to think that we are militants, radicals, nuts, or all of the above. To those that do this, or believe this, STOP DRINKING THE KOOL-AID.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    i been called alot of things but never a hippie.....let see i been called: **** face, dumb ****, **** for brain, and a great lover one of this is true...:D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Yes how foolish those preppers are. It's not like a power outage due to ice storms are common and prolonged during bad winters or anything. And shoot those folks in Japan after the Fukushima plant was smashed were well fed after emptying every store with food that they could get to while the government was still bogged down trying to get there.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Let these people think what they want and I'd advise keeping quiet to all accepted trusted people of the same mind who you might want to invite in.

These people are the going to be few and far between after about 2 weeks or so, since they laughed at and didn't prepare themselves.
    (I keep wondering how many laughs turned to uh-oh! right after the door to the ark shut and the first raindrops began to fall.):rolleyes:

Top Bottom