• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don't know how I missed this, I was in Greg's first wedding many years back. He was as good a dude as anyone would ever know. We lost touch after he wrote his book Narc Ops, and I haven't seen him since right before he went to work with the Feds. Used to hang many "Charlie" shifts with him a couple other THPD officers. He will be missed, and the ****bag that shot him needs killin'.:xmad:

Last edited by a moderator:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Wow, this appears to be getting stranger by the minute!

I wonder if there was a connection to Officer Ferency, the FBI, or this was just a random act?

Has anyone seen a Party affiliation associated with his Mayoral run?

Molotov cocktails, and an ambush attack. Almost BLM / Anti-FA tactics...
    He ran as an independent…

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    We were in a turn lane to get to Hacienda Coyote when a state trooper blew our doors off. Whe we got back to the camper we found out why. :(

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Holy crap...

"13News has learned Meehan ran for mayor of Terre Haute in 2019 but lost."

According to court documents, Shane Meehan, 44, is charged with the murder of a federal agent. If convicted, Meehan faces up to life in prison.

So no death penalty in Indiana? Or is this a federal case? People like this guy do not deserve to live.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    According to court documents, Shane Meehan, 44, is charged with the murder of a federal agent. If convicted, Meehan faces up to life in prison.

So no death penalty in Indiana? Or is this a federal case?
    Read it was going to be fed since he was FBI. Garland just did away with federal capitol punishment last week, if I remember correctly.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My first is deepest sympathy for Officer Greg Ferency. All who knew him said he was exceptional.

The shooter, surely deserves everything that is coming to him. I just don't get the profile. 19 years as a Fed corrections officer, then successfully employed by UPS. Pretty wife, three kids, nice house. Ran as an independent for mayor with concern for gun violence and safety in schools. Until he murdered a peace officer, he looked like a regular all American good joe.

The profile of the criminal that murdered the golfers fits that horrible crime. He was life long irresponsible criminal, with significant priors. Like floyd, he should have still been incarcerated.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I’ve read this several times trying to make what wrote as something positive about Regional. But, “no one I know personally has survived their care” isn’t something that gives me any confidence in the care given at Regional. Am I misunderstanding this post ?

Color me confused. The two sentences are contradictory.
    You're following correctly. This is one I would prefer not survive.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

So no death penalty in Indiana? Or is this a federal case? People like this guy do not deserve to live.
    Never trust the press for what the law is.

The feds have the death penalty (for now) and murder qualifies. It is a potential, though rare, penalty.

However, just because this was first charged federally does not mean that Indiana can't charge him as well. The State likely will and the death penalty is also a possibility under state law.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Never trust the press for what the law is.

The feds have the death penalty (for now) and murder qualifies. It is a potential, though rare, penalty.

However, just because this was first charged federally does not mean that Indiana can't charge him as well. The State likely will and the death penalty is also a possibility under state law.
    Having the law explained by a lawyer rather than the media. Who could imagine an improvement in the quality of the information?

Seriously, its always good to have good information!

Top Bottom