• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    FOXNews.com - LAPD to Probe Fatal Shooting of Laborer As Protesters Pelt Police Station With Rocks

Apparently a Bicycle officer was asked to respond to a man threatening people with a knife, when the officer (with backup) approached then man lunged at him with the knife. Police officer draws and shoots man dead (two shots).

Immigrants begin rioting, "Some protesters pushed rolling metal trash bins at officers and tossed household items from apartment buildings. People were throwing televisions, air conditioning units, miscellaneous furniture and other objects from the windows."

You gotta love these "peaceful" demonstrators.

Lets recap: Police officer comes to the aid of "citizens" in fear of their life, is attacked, responds by firing twice (not excessive), gets repaid by same community with rioting. Lovely.

For my part, I don't think the officer did anything wrong (providing the story being told is accurate). +1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I wonder if this is the reason Law & order in the southern regions are so top notch. I guess I wouldnt do a grade A job if I had to put up with a crappy population.

DEPORT ALL ILLEGALS or HANG THEM.

steepo17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    NE Indpls
    Might there be some question on whether he should have used pepper spray or taser first? - yes. However, you don't threaten a police officer with a knife (or anything for that matter), without expecting that one of the consequences you might face is a bullet. This officer was a 13 year vet; if he pulled his weapon, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it was justified.

As for the rioting, that's BS. Pull a few INS paddywagons on site and that crowd will disperse like their running from a fire.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Too bad the immigrants don't arm themselves and take care of their knife wielding crazies. It would be hard to riot against yourself...but who knows?

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Wow, is it time for another Two Minutes' Hate already?

I certainly don't want this to turn into ANY kind of hate thread. No reason for it. Primarily I would like to have a discussion regarding the perceived need for rioting in order to get want you want....not whats right, not whats fair....what you want. How is this kind of action justified by people who are desirous of the truth? It tells you, primarily, that these people don't seem to care what the truth is. They care about solidarity. I intentionally left out the "racial status" of the immigrant neighborhood (though it can be found in the article) because it is irrelevant. The discussion is about mob action.

Might there be some question on whether he should have used pepper spray or taser first? - yes. However, you don't threaten a police officer with a knife (or anything for that matter), without expecting that one of the consequences you might face is a bullet. This officer was a 13 year vet; if he pulled his weapon, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it was justified.

As for the rioting, that's BS. Pull a few INS paddywagons on site and that crowd will disperse like their running from a fire.

It says in the article, these were bicycle cops that do not have the same contingent of non-lethal weapons as officers in patrol cars.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I certainly don't want this to turn into ANY kind of hate thread. No reason for it. Primarily I would like to have a discussion regarding the perceived need for rioting in order to get want you want....not whats right, not whats fair....what you want. How is this kind of action justified by people who are desirous of the truth? It tells you, primarily, that these people don't seem to care what the truth is. They care about solidarity. I intentionally left out the "racial status" of the immigrant neighborhood (though it can be found in the article) because it is irrelevant. The discussion is about mob action.

:yesway: All well and good, no quarrels with you on any of it. However, the "I" word seems to invariably start up the TMH around here, and it has already begun on this thread. That's the impetus for my comment.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    see another perfect oportunity to roll out the nets and catch them then deport them, just thrown away. how about throwing grenades back? sounds like an illegal army was attacking some police. I say let them take out the threat completely.

its not too hard to draw them out. all you have to do is set up some chainlink fence in the middle of a field. they cant resist not climbing it. easier than a "to catch a predator" bust .

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

I don't think there is a question at all of whether the officer should have shot the man for lunging at him with a knife, if that is indeed how it really went down. You don't respond to deadly force with non-lethal force. He comes at an officer with a knife and he will get shot every time. Unless there was no knife involved and the officers are lying, I don't see an issue.

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    see another perfect oportunity to roll out the nets and catch them then deport them, just thrown away. how about throwing grenades back? sounds like an illegal army was attacking some police. I say let them take out the threat completely.

its not too hard to draw them out. all you have to do is set up some chainlink fence in the middle of a field. they cant resist not climbing it. easier than a "to catch a predator" bust .

\
    A little harsh there E, thats no different than the basketball and black guys joke.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I think the real issue nawainwright is raising is: "why the riot?" Did they riot because they think the dead guy didn't deserve to get dead, or did they riot to try to intimidate the cops into staying away from their neighborhood? This seems to be becoming a popular tactic around the world; there are sections of cities in France, for instance, where the gendarmes don't go because when they do, they're attacked. It's an interesting tactic to support a separatist strategy. Kinda hard on the rioters at times, but the guys organizing the riot probably don't see much harm in that, as long as they don't get their heads bashed in or shot.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Might there be some question on whether he should have used pepper spray or taser first? - yes.

Have you ever seen how quickly a man can cover 21 feet when armed with a knife? We were taught (and rightly) that a knife was just as dangerous (or more so) as a gun at close range. You don't give anyone with a knife a chance to charge you, and you definitely don't try to use less-than-lethal force unless you're Chuck Norris or his equivalent.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO

We don't need to start limiting our LEO's to pepper spray and tazers. If they started doing that, rest assured they will be taking your guns to.

steepo17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    NE Indpls
    Have you ever seen how quickly a man can cover 21 feet when armed with a knife? We were taught (and rightly) that a knife was just as dangerous (or more so) as a gun at close range. You don't give anyone with a knife a chance to charge you, and you definitely don't try to use less-than-lethal force unless you're Chuck Norris or his equivalent.

Let me be clear - I am not suggesting by saying "Might there be question...." that it's MY question. Like I said, I support the officer. Keep in mind, they are in California, home of liberal thought - my point was will the officer be questioned by some politically motivated committee on his decision to use lethal force? - YES, he will likely be scrutinized.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I wonder why he only shot twice?:dunno:
    It's part of the training.
    A "Double Tap" is used when the threat is imminent, and capable of causing severe bodily harm to the Officer or innocent Citizens.
    The Officer showed excellent training discipline by not emptying his weapon.
    Mike

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I must commend Officer Frank Hernandez for a job well done. He had to use deadly force against a drunk with a deadly weapon. Under high stress he killed the attacker with only two shots, saving LAPD ammo costs. There were no bystanders injured which may be because of his judgement when to shoot and LAPD's good choice in caliber and ammunition by reducing pass throughs. No one knows how many people he may have saved from injury or death by his heroic actions. Nice job Frank. I hope they will be pinning a medal on your chest soon.
    In the article I see the drunk was a immigrant and I also notice the rioters are immigrants. This brings one question or thought to mind, does this mean they are legal immigrants? If they are illegal the article would have surely said so wouldn't it ?

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I must commend Officer Frank Hernandez for a job well done. He had to use deadly force against a drunk with a deadly weapon. Under high stress he killed the attacker with only two shots, saving LAPD ammo costs. There were no bystanders injured which may be because of his judgement when to shoot and LAPD's good choice in caliber and ammunition by reducing pass throughs. No one knows how many people he may have saved from injury or death by his heroic actions. Nice job Frank. I hope they will be pinning a medal on your chest soon.
    In the article I see the drunk was a immigrant and I also notice the rioters are immigrants. This brings one question or thought to mind, does this mean they are legal immigrants? If they are illegal the article would have surely said so wouldn't it ?
    They were in Commiefornia, according to the popular way of thinking there, of course they were legal. Hell, they have more of a right to be there than the rest of us, and our arrogant American laws shouldn't apply to them. I'll bet the Mexican President is preparing to denounce America as we speak. Bad thing is, He'll find support in the U.S. capitol building.

Oh, and yes, BIG +1 to the officer.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom