• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Was he speeding?

Likely yes. It was a residential hood. Maywood has all kinds of very old, very cool houses. Kids play in the streets and you better be on high alert driving around there.

If he saw here, he had time to break. It is likely the whole "had to the lay the bike down" is a cover story.

Kirk, I've rarely seen a woman that thin on a motorcycle in the last few years and I've NEVER seen one that thin driving one

Dude, it's Europe. French women don't get fat.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Likely yes. It was a residential hood. Maywood has all kinds of very old, very cool houses. Kids play in the streets and you better be on high alert driving around there.

If he saw here, he had time to break. It is likely the whole "had to the lay the bike down" is a cover story.

If I am ever in legal trouble will you represent me? You obviously know everything about anything, and what you don't know you make up. Just what I would need in a lawyer.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    No I dont think he should get attacked for injuring her. IF this guy "blew down" the streets on a daily basis is different than what this article tells us. YOU are the one jumping to conclusions beyond what is stated. I dont think he should be beaten if he did so on a daily basis. Should there be a punishment involved yes, but beating a guy who is already injured by the incident (articles says broken bones i believe) is not right, even if he is not hurt it should not happen. I feel you have no compassion for human life if you think he needs his a$$ kicked because of an accident. If your spouse accidentally hurt a child and it was your spouses fault then your spouse needs an a$$ beaten too right?:n00b:

+1

ACCIDENT?
    I thought all the rage was to replace this word with NEGLIGENT.

I don't know what happened and neither do you. I am not jumping to conclusions My post made it clear that I was speaking hypothetically.

If people are trying to figure out why someone got a beat down, we're going to have to speculate. This isn't a court of law. And don't worry. Nothing we say here can be used against the guy. And, we're not in the jury pool either. So it's all good.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We shall see what transpires, but I am commenting on what I have seen time and time again and could impact his self-defense claim.

1. Something bad happens.

2. Bad thing=driver at fault.

3. Driver ticketed.

The fault of the driver could be an issue that the grand jury will look to in determining whether the shooter acted in self-defense.

Best thing to do: avoid neighborhoods where children are known to play in the streets.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    If I am ever in legal trouble will you represent me? You obviously know everything about anything, and what you don't know you make up. Just what I would need in a lawyer.

I'm thinking he'd make a better lawyer than you (oh wait ... anyway..). Your defense seems to consist of impugning those who's opionion differs from yours. I'm thinking that won't hold up in court counselor.

Why all the rage? Really, it's ok if we disagree.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    To both statements I ask, why?

Maywood is a town/village, known for older houses (very cool too) and famous former residents.

I have seen kids, grade school aged, playing in the street (jumping rope, stickball, bikes, etc.). It is a place known to have kids in the street, especially when the weather is warm.

The notion that a police officer would not know this is hard for me to believe.

Further the whole "had to lay down the bike" does not pass the straight face test. If he had time to see her and lay down the bike, he had time to apply the brakes, but this assumes the residential speed limit.

It is a fair probability that he was speeding. If so, this type of behaviour could impact his self defense claim with a grand jury (more difficult with a petit jury obviously).

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

I know, I know, I am not supposed to ask questions about the media line and raise concerns which may be an issue, e.g. self-defense, for those without a badge.

I apologize for Attempted Thought Crime. Dissent is not patriotic and we have always been at war with East Asia.:D

And, you know what, this is issue spotting. There's a saddlebag full of trouble here, including what a blood test of the officer shows and well as the officer's race is. This is part of what lawyers do, wargame and ask "what if". I am sorry if it offends you, but it don't cost ya nothing and I want to scratch my chin and speculate. That's all it is. I'm not prosecuting him, just rasing what ifs, especially if one does not have a badge.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Let's all get together and introduce a law to ban motorcycles

AGREE!!!!

There was absolutely nothing the officer could have done. It sounds like if he didn't take the action he did he could have killed the little girl. He should have been thanked instead of assaulted.

Thank a CHICAGO LEO! :puke: Them are the classic JBTs we all know and love.

How the hell can a motorcycle rider driving straight down a (residential I'm assuming) street and not be in control of his vehicle? If you would like I will find you a motorcycle to use and I will play the part of the kid, and I will run out in front of you suddenly and we'll see what happens. If you hit me, you obviously weren't in control of your vehicle and there is no fault on my part whatsoever.

Maywood is a residential area. Speed limit no more than 30 mph. The officer had to lay down his bike (if the kid darted out in front of him, he wouldn't have had time to lay the bike down, have it flip then hit the kid). I will withhold judgement, but I'm wanting to know if they ever admit to the speed that this biker was travelling when he laid that bike down.

picture.php

I know, I know, I am not supposed to ask questions about the media line and raise concerns which may be an issue, e.g. self-defense, for those without a badge.

I apologize for Attempted Thought Crime. Dissent is not patriotic and we have always been at war with East Asia.:D

From the pics
    offduty14n-1-web.jpg

It does NOT look like the accident happened near the residential zone. That looks like a major intersection with biz.

More pics here:
    Off-duty cop kills angry dad after hurting the man

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Maywood is a town/village, known for older houses (very cool too) and famous former residents.

I have seen kids, grade school aged, playing in the street (jumping rope, stickball, bikes, etc.). It is a place known to have kids in the street, especially when the weather is warm.

The notion that a police officer would not know this is hard for me to believe.

Further the whole "had to lay down the bike" does not pass the straight face test. If he had time to see her and lay down the bike, he had time to apply the brakes, but this assumes the residential speed limit.

It is a fair probability that he was speeding. If so, this type of behaviour could impact his self defense claim with a grand jury (more difficult with a petit jury obviously).

He wouldn't be in front of a grand jury for speeding, would he? Whether he was an inexperienced rider or was going 5-10 miles above the speed limit, he was still placed in a situation where he had to defend his life. I hope this doesn't go before a grand jury. Accidents happen and they are unfortunate.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Well, that being the case they must have MORONS for parenting types there since you play in a YARD or a PARK. CARS and other VEHICLES belong in the STREET, NOT CHILDREN.

Ya know... MORONS, kinda what I'm starting to notice an abundance of on this particular site.

The whole damn point of the post was to illustrate some of the irony of what the officers were saying in the comment section. You should carry off duty, for instance or This is similar to the Zimmerman Martin Incident. WHAT THIS POST WASNT was a class on MVA Reconstruction via keyboard.

The petty crap you guys come up with to argue about is astonishing... and to argue about it without even the most rudimentary facts is POINTLESS. JUMPIN JESUS ON A EVER LOVIN POGO STICK. :xmad:

I heard the cop/biker was CCing while the cousin who was walking with the child was OCing, which the cop/biker knowingly detests and actually swerved to hit the people. And (as we all can surmise without being there) both of the assailants were wearing hoodies. GO ahead and heave whatever other irrelevant drivel into the mix.

With that further tidbit please feel free to continue to miss the point and any other completely.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    He wouldn't be in front of a grand jury for speeding, would he? Whether he was an inexperienced rider or was going 5-10 miles above the speed limit, he was still placed in a situation where he had to defend his life. I hope this doesn't go before a grand jury. Accidents happen and they are unfortunate.

The shooter would be in front of a grand jury for taking a human life. Whether that is classified as Murder, Manslaughter, or Justifiable Homicide is up to the grand jury.

Speeding through a town and causing injury to a child COULD impact the decision of the grand jury.

Well, that being the case they must have MORONS for parenting types there since you play in a YARD or a PARK. CARS and other VEHICLES belong in the STREET, NOT CHILDREN.

Without question, but if you use those streets you need to be aware of a different reality there.

It is not optimal, but it is the terrain you will be fighting in. Be ready.

The petty crap you guys come up with to argue about is astonishing... and to argue about it without even the most rudimentary facts is POINTLESS.

These rudimentary facts make all the difference in the world to a jury, grand and petit. These facts are not crap as they could be the difference between simply being sued for causing the injury to the child and a crime such as Murder.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    We know for a fact that the beating of an off duty officer for no reason other than emotional response that superseded simple parental protection could have been avoided. We would have to have been there to see if the entire accident could have been avoided.

Agreed!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Maywood is a residential area. Speed limit no more than 30 mph. The officer had to lay down his bike (if the kid darted out in front of him, he wouldn't have had time to lay the bike down, have it flip then hit the kid). I will withhold judgement, but I'm wanting to know if they ever admit to the speed that this biker was travelling when he laid that bike down.

picture.php

Or if he had been drinking, etc..

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    4 year old kids arent stupid and I was just making a point.
    No, 4 year olds just don't know any better. It is up to the adults to teach them what is right. For all we know, she and her cousin could have been jay walking down a semi busy street at night without looking. I encounter that ALL the time when traveling between Griffith through Gary on my way to Hobert

Top Bottom