• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Today at work a few of my co-workers came up with some brass and wanted to know what it was. It ended up being LC 5.56 from '07 & '09.

They found them stuck on the sides and bottom of a scrap bin/ container when they were dumping the Inconel shavings from the hoppers.... there was only about 30 pcs but if that bin was full..... we put over 1000lbs of chips in there so there was probably alot of brass turned in.

The brass appears to be once shot MG brass.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    MG brass would most likey have wear marks from the metallic links, and scratch marks from the MG mechanism de-linking them.

Exactly, and the discoloration showed the links. As a former "pig gunner"... M60 Ive seen alot of brass....

Dumping inconel shavings!! WTF?!?!?

I'll come and get them next time if you want.....

Its a machine shop.... we weigh then dump our hoppers into larger bins, they account for every shaving they can. Wealso run some very exotic materials that are worth hundreds into thousands of $$ per pound too. Its Aerospace and Energy related work..... Hush Hush Govt. type...

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Its a machine shop.... we weigh then dump our hoppers into larger bins, they account for every shaving they can. Wealso run some very exotic materials that are worth hundreds into thousands of $$ per pound too. Its Aerospace and Energy related work..... Hush Hush Govt. type...

Good...I was hoping that was what you meant by dumping....I was concerned for a moment.

Who is it you work for?

Top Bottom