• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Just like it says, anyone know where I can locate an Octane 45 (MAYBE a 9 at the right price)? I can find them online but dont want to go through the two transfers...

I sorta made my mind up on an Octane (shares pistons with my Hybrid), however if anyone has a bargain at their local shop that is comparable I'd be interested.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just like it says, anyone know where I can locate an Octane 45 (MAYBE a 9 at the right price)? I can find them online but dont want to go through the two transfers...

I sorta made my mind up on an Octane (shares pistons with my Hybrid), however if anyone has a bargain at their local shop that is comparable I'd be interested.

Just out of curiosity, why not just use the Hybrid for whatever application you are thinking of using the Octane for? Silencerco bills it as a pistol and PCC suppressors (with full auto rating) as well as for rifle. I'm still waiting on the Form 3 to clear for my Hybrid, so I haven't gotten my hands on it yet, so I'm curious to hear more real world experience with them.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    because its a lot heavier i think and its more intended for a rifle setup...i just got mine in and have to go pay for it today...
    Just out of curiosity, why not just use the Hybrid for whatever application you are thinking of using the Octane for? Silencerco bills it as a pistol and PCC suppressors (with full auto rating) as well as for rifle. I'm still waiting on the Form 3 to clear for my Hybrid, so I haven't gotten my hands on it yet, so I'm curious to hear more real world experience with them.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    because its a lot heavier i think and its more intended for a rifle setup...i just got mine in and have to go pay for it today...

According to Silencerco, the Octane is 12.1oz while the Hybrid (direct thread) is 13.8. Is the 1.7oz difference that noticeable?

I mean, I have have an Osprey .45 (11.1) and a Huntertown Guardian 9 (10.2 with booster). I can't tell a whole lot of difference in balance with either one on my pistols.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    More for size and weight. While it isn't much, I figured it would be my goto pistol/carbine can. I haven't gotten my Hybrid yet (any day hopefully) but it will be set up to use the ASR QD mounts and probably stay that way mostly. Biggest reason is I am just wanting another can! Haha. I would really be better served probably with an octane 9, however I could see myself wishing k got a 45 later on.
    I'll try and call beech grove, thanks!

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    It would be a drive but Acme in Seymour is a silencerco dealer. Might be worth a phone call to see if they have any in stock. Have yet to buy a can from them but bought a couple of guns from them.

Top Bottom