• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    By then we'll have to show the sheeple that it is possible to be a safely armed citizen without making sure that everybody knows it! They'll think that OC is the only way to go until we set them straight.

Indeed, by that point the only CCers will be the criminals (The one's who have to hide the fact that they are armed, because they are up to no good).

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    My actual point (thinly veiled) is that some folks' primary reasoning against OC is that the majority don't do it.
    Since it is uncommon, they propose that the only reason one would do it is to attract attention (which they believe is always a negative, both personally and for "the cause.")

So if the majority changed, their argument would fail unless they also changed to follow the norm.

It would only be at this point - from a minority position - that I could argue for the need for some percentage to continue (or switch to) carrying concealed for the continued societal benefit that comes from bad guys not knowing exactly who is armed.

In my opinion, it does not take the majority to maintain this effect. More numbers are currently needed to carry out in the open to overcome the misinformation and negative stereotypes among the general populace.

Would I give up the "tactical advantage" of OC if warranted in the future? (intentional :stickpoke:)

Maybe... though I doubt I'll need to in my lifetime.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    The entire OC vs CC bs on here runs guys away, I wish some would understand this...

Come on every single thread turns into this, I don't care what your opinion is.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I care what peoples opinions are, I like having a different perspective on the topics.

Wow, I hope no one hits you with any negative rep for saying that. :D

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    The entire OC vs CC bs on here runs guys away, I wish some would understand this...

Come on every single thread turns into this, I don't care what your opinion is.

Open Carriers rarely come onto threads concerning a member who was Concealed Carrying and blast him for carrying concealed.

However, Concealed Carriers often come onto threads about a member who was Open Carrying and blast him for carrying open, calling him a show off, etc... Just go back and see who posted the first negative comment.

Until that stops, I'm going to continue to be vocal about Open Carry and its benefits. I'm tired of getting stomped on by people on both the other side AND our side of the fence.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...However, Concealed Carriers often come onto threads about a member who was Open Carrying and blast him for carrying open, calling him a show off, etc... Just go back and see who posted the first negative comment.

When a member who hasn't posted in a week picks this particular thread (out of likely thousands) to mock the OP, there just might be some truth to this.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Open Carriers rarely come onto threads concerning a member who was Concealed Carrying and blast him for carrying concealed.

However, Concealed Carriers often come onto threads about a member who was Open Carrying and blast him for carrying open, calling him a show off, etc... Just go back and see who posted the first negative comment.

Until that stops, I'm going to continue to be vocal about Open Carry and its benefits. I'm tired of getting stomped on by people on both the other side AND our side of the fence.

I would make the attempt to explain the first "negative" comment, but I doubt you would read and or understand the reasoning behind it.

So, once again. You're in some business that you have no business being in.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I would make the attempt to explain the first "negative" comment, but I doubt you would read and or understand the reasoning behind it.

So, once again. You're in some business that you have no business being in.

Firstly, I didn't even go back to see what the first negative post was. So, my apologies for inadvertently singling you out. The first negative comment on any Open Carry thread is always a CCer who is anti-OC, so I didn't have to.

In this particular instance, your post was first and was as follows:
    I wished the was a way to post anonymously .... but there's not

No one cares!
    The normal passerby would take this to mean that you were blasting the OP.

:dunno: my feeble mental capacity probably couldn't process the real reasoning behind such a post, so don't feel obligated to elaborate.

However, if you continue to read through the first few pages, you will find that many took your post as a blast to the OP. Did they all misunderstand? Or are your communication skills lacking?

HOWEVER, If I were to guess, the real reason behind the angst of your original post to the OP is this: You are not anti-Open Carry. If an Open Carrier has chosen OC as his primary method of carry, you are fine with this. If he starts a thread about the Open Carry experiences he has had while going about his daily life, you are a happy reader.

However, here is where you have a problem. The OP stated the following:
    I noticed a vermillion [cop] car outside & thought well lets see how this plays out.
    By stating this he was essentially saying that he was purposefully Open Carrying to see if he could get a rise out of the cop inside the restaurant.

You have a problem with people who Open Carry with the specific purpose of getting a rise out of cops and/or civilians...

No?

Or possibly there is just some sort of inside joke that none of us our privy to. In that case, there's not much we can do but speculate as to your meaning.

Last edited:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I just re-read what I typed, what I MEANT to say is I don't care what someones opinion is on the OC vs CC debate, not on any given subject. It is hard to say what one means when they are typing it versus saying it if that makes any sense. I didn't mean it for any certain person, just general comment, it is getting very old across the board. You guys have to admit it would be nice to have a thread that didn't get off topic like everyone ends up becoming because of this OC CC.

As for reps and post counts I could care less... It's just the internet.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I understand. :yesway:

I'll only address this part:

...it is getting very old across the board. You guys have to admit it would be nice to have a thread that didn't get off topic like everyone ends up becoming because of this OC CC.

What I've noticed for the past several months has been that when (almost exclusively) newer members bring it up, they are fairly quickly pointed to some past threads where the main points have already been covered and asked to bring any new material they might still have when they're finished.

Generally, that stops the threadjacks and things continue much better than they used to. If you haven't noticed that change, go back and look. I could point to several successes if I searched through.

As for Michiana, he knows all about the old threads so I didn't bother pointing. I did, however bring a new twist to the discussion rather than belabor old points.

If you can find a similar OC/CC position of switching sides on this site, I will personally buy you two cakes: one to eat and one to just have. :)

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I will try again

I understand. :yesway:

As for Michiana, he knows all about the old threads so I didn't bother pointing. I did, however bring a new twist to the discussion rather than belabor old points.
    :)

I try to be very clear about my opinion but it always goes to Michiana is anti OC which in untrue. I couldn't care less if someone carries their firearm exposed (walking in downtown Indy with a AR-15 over their shoulder is too much in my book), in their pocket, in a IWB holster or whatever. I believe if you want to do it just do it whatever floats your boat, just don't keep making a big deal about it. This "where did you OC today" thread, in my opinion makes these people look like all it is to them is an attention getter. The OP made several comments about wanting to see the reaction of a LEO and how a kid said that guy must be a cop. This says to me it is about attention.

I deal with about two hundred different gun owners every year and have yet to see one person come to my place of business OC'ing, and this includes both on and off duty LEO's, from local police to FBI agents. I have the right to drive in all 50 states but I don't have to drive to California to prove the point. If a person wants to OC just do it, you don't need to advertise it on the internet. Just my :twocents: again. :):

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I deal with about two hundred different gun owners every year and have yet to see one person come to my place of business OC'ing

If they can read, why would they? :dunno:

Why did you pick this thread, specifically to call out an OCer and compare him to a fourth grader sticking out his tongue at a teacher, out of all the posts on INGO in the last few weeks to post in?

Because you don't really care one way or the other?

Right. ;)

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I try to be very clear about my opinion but it always goes to Michiana is anti OC which in untrue. I couldn't care less if someone carries their firearm exposed (walking in downtown Indy with a AR-15 over their shoulder is too much in my book), in their pocket, in a IWB holster or whatever. I believe if you want to do it just do it whatever floats your boat, just don't keep making a big deal about it. This "where did you OC today" thread, in my opinion makes these people look like all it is to them is an attention getter. The OP made several comments about wanting to see the reaction of a LEO and how a kid said that guy must be a cop. This says to me it is about attention.

I deal with about two hundred different gun owners every year and have yet to see one person come to my place of business OC'ing, and this includes both on and off duty LEO's, from local police to FBI agents. I have the right to drive in all 50 states but I don't have to drive to California to prove the point. If a person wants to OC just do it, you don't need to advertise it on the internet. Just my :twocents: again. :):
    Ya, you dont know me from adam there chief... I didnt go into the restauraunt just cause the cop was there, i didnt OC just cause the cop was there..... I had my pistol on me while working, i got hungry, i went to a restauraunt to eat!!!!!!!!!! END OF STORY.... i wasnt shoving anything in anybodys face, if i wanted the cop to know i was carrying i would of said " good day ocifer " as i walked out.... And as far as this comment from u
    "The OP made several comments about wanting to see the reaction of a LEO and how a kid said that guy must be a cop. This says to me it is about attention"

I wanted to see his reaction because ive just started carrying..
    Its funny that by the comment the kid made means his parents are teaching him its only OK for "cops" to carry guns.. Thier breeding /training kids to believe that only COPS can carry guns. I hope that Mr copper educated his son that evening & explained to him that you dont have to be a cop to have a gun or carry one. You just have to be a law abiding citizen.
    By the way, if i wanted to " draw attention" i would have holstered my HK51 .308 pistol :ar15: That would have drawn the attention you are accusing me of :welcome:

Last edited:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Could not have said it better.

Who gives a s__t where and how you legally carry your firearm? Just carry it and pray that you never have to use it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom