• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    i never noticed that. i always assumed it was for evansville. it makes sense when you consider he signs his posts "le doug".

I thought it was originally for Evansville, and then somebody noticed it, so he ran with it. I dunno. Maybe he'll chime in here, or maybe he'll just keep it a mystery for us!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yes, the open carry of a handgun to a restaurant clearly equates to sticking out your tongue to a teacher.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    What is the need to brag about the act. :dunno:

There is a difference between "bragging" and "exercising your right with a purpose."

OC is a movement of gun owners who aren't afraid of the harassment it will bring. Sooner or later, it WILL bring harassment. It is a civil right that has been neglected to the point where the practitioners are now being treated as criminals at worst and show-offs at best.

Unlike the common opinion of us, we don't OC to show-off. And nothing is more irritating than a fellow gun owner who can't 'get it' no matter how much we explain it.

We are showing the public that we are just like them, and we are armed and prepared to live as free men. This is what free men (and women) do! We arm ourselves in a society that wants to disarm us. We protect ourselves in a world where evil exists. We carry loaded weapons to remind the citizenry AND the government that it is WE THE PEOPLE who run the show, and not them.

When will you open your eyes and see? No one is forcing you to join us, but damn, the least you can do is not criticize us who are on your side.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    There is a difference between "bragging" and "exercising your right with a purpose."

OC is a movement of gun owners who aren't afraid of the harassment it will bring. Sooner or later, it WILL bring harassment. It is a civil right that has been neglected to the point where the practitioners are now being treated as criminals at worst and show-offs at best.

Unlike the common opinion of us, we don't OC to show-off. And nothing is more irritating than a fellow gun owner who can't 'get it' no matter how much we explain it.

We are showing the public that we are just like them, and we are armed and prepared to live as free men. This is what free men (and women) do! We arm ourselves in a society that wants to disarm us. We protect ourselves in a world where evil exists. We carry loaded weapons to remind the citizenry AND the government that it is WE THE PEOPLE who run the show, and not them.

When will you open your eyes and see? No one is forcing you to join us, but damn, the least you can do is not criticize us who are on your side.

I carry all the time, every day, every place I go where it is legal to do so and like 90% of gun owners I don't feel the need to draw attention. If you have that need go ahead, but really, most gun owners don't care how you want to carry. Not trying to argue with anyone, this is just a fact.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I didn't read any bragging. Please point it out.

But then, we've had this discussion before, haven't we? ;)

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I carry all the time, every day, every place I go where it is legal to do so and like 90% of gun owners I don't feel the need to draw attention. If you have that need go ahead, but really, most gun owners don't care how you want to carry. Not trying to argue with anyone, this is just a fact.

So, to you CC = good, and OC = bad? And you're saying that the motive of everyone who carries WITHOUT putting on a cover garment is to draw attention to themselves?

The fact that OC draws attention is not the fault of the gun owning populace. It is the fault of a society who has been taught to see guns as evil and scary. That is what we are trying to change. The normalization of guns in America, to everyone INCLUDING those influenced by liberalism, is our goal. When we accomplish this, we will live in a freer America than any of us have ever known.

It's so not about guns. It's about freedom. The presence of guns (a gun wielding majority) = a free country. And the opposite is where we have been heading for a long time now.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Here's a deal for ya:

When the numbers switch and the majority carry openly - we both switch carry methods and argue the opposite side.

Sound like fun?:popcorn:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Here's a deal for ya:

When the numbers switch and the majority carry openly - we both switch carry methods and argue the opposite side.

Sound like fun?:popcorn:

By then we'll have to show the sheeple that it is possible to be a safely armed citizen without making sure that everybody knows it! They'll think that OC is the only way to go until we set them straight.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom