• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    Looks like it could be the recluse, based on geography...

Any update from the OP?

map.gif

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    OK that search was SCARY! don't think it is a recluse bite based on internet photos VS her leg. Thank goodness. Nasty little things aren't they? After a day on meds the spreading has slowed down but not stopped. App 10" X16" size spot now. She is back to the doc this morning.

I do agree at this point it had to be some type of bug caught in the jeans (most likely a spider). Can't imagine something biting like this through jeans unless it was a Bee but this spread worse than ANY bee bite.

Appreaciate all the input from all

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I agree with the some sort of spider theory, but it's darn near impossible to figure out what type unless you caught the little bugger.

I'll keep her in my thoughts man, that's pretty scary.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I had what may have been an infected hair follicle a few years back on my inner thigh.
    Thought it was a pimple, so I pinch it to pop it...a little clearish yellow liquid oozes out. The next day it became very sore and about a baseball area around it was bright red.
    I thought I had then been bitten by some type of bug or spider.
    Over the next couple of days, it got larger, covering half of my leg...it was very sore and quite difficult to walk. The next few days we went camping, so I did not seek medical attention, as I didn't want to spend my time at a clinic...I was at the lake and trying to enjoy myself.
    The middle of the sore got a little larger than a nickle and then burst in the night while sleeping. Eeeww, what a gross mess...The sore was then open and all black in the center with white fleshy stuff trying to grow. The ring of the sore was extremely hard and half of my leg was red. It looked like a volcano.
    It continued to grow, the open sore was about the size of a half dollar. I kept ointment and a bandage on it...it really hurt extremely and it was very painful to walk.
    After we got back from camping, I went to an immediate med center and they said it was most likely an infected follicle or small boil. When I squeezed it, that spread the infection throughout the tissue and then turned a small sore into a staph infection.
    After taking the antibiotics and several weeks later, I now have a permanent scar about the size of a penny to remind me to never squeeze stuff like that again.
    The scar feels much like flesh that has been burned...not as thick and a bit discolored. It looked somewhat like the pic below, except mine was a bit larger.

staph22.jpg

Last edited:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    When I read this post the first thing that I thought of was MRSA. This is something that you might want to double check with the doctor on. This can get real bad real fast.

This can go real deep into the skin and cause a lot of trouble. I had a friend that squeezed a pimple and by the next day he was in the hospital.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Spiders are everywhere and know no fear of us unless we are trying to kill them at 3am without leaving spiderguts on the ceiling while you scream like a school girl.lol

Did you see the terrorist spider goin after the Pope? Someone on his security detail did a **** poor job when they swept his room for bugs. :rolleyes:

Could have dropped from above stowed in a bag or climbed up from the street or car. Unless it was the boil/follicle thing and just was unnoticed until it went MT St Helen on her.

Sorry for her. Will keep her in my prayers.

Top Bottom