• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I have the impd procedures with letterhead printed out, my formal request for a permit, and a print out with some relative ICs and case law ready for my meeting with the mayor tomorrow :)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have the impd procedures with letterhead printed out, my formal request for a permit, and a print out with some relative ICs and case law ready for my meeting with the mayor tomorrow :)

Ok Dan, what happened?

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Ok so sorry I didnt post this sooner been pretty busy. But I had the meeting Thursday and we are good to go November 15th. 9am at Lake George then walk thru downtown and end up at the police station. The meeting with the mayor went as good as it could've I suppose, he kindve heard what I had to say. I mean I had more to say but he didn't really want to hear everything because I guess he had stuff to do but eh. He was very happy we brought to his attention the ordinance in violation of state law and he said he would have that looked at by thier city attorney. He really liked seeing the impd policy for handling a legally armed citizen. He said he would talk to the chief of police about it, I tried to stress how small of a city Hobart is in comparison to Indy and how different they are going about things etc. He at least seemed relatively interested in what I had to say. He did not want to discuss what happened in my video so I got to admit it was pretty hard to get my points across while refraining from speaking at all about my incident. I brought to his attention that my incident isnt the only one that we know about and I talked a lot about the laws they have broken (again hard to not use my incident as a reference) so what I did was have a print out of everything they did wrong what laws were broke etc. And showed it to him. I left the print out of all the ics that pertained to this and the impd procedure. Next step is going to be get the word out and get as many people to come to show thst we aren't going to tolerate the Hobart Pd violating the law or targeting gun owners. I will be making an event page as well as a Facebook event, and am going to make flyers and put them everywhere I can.

Top Bottom