• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Http://ingunowners.com/forums/ingo-events/364239-nov-15th-rally-hobart-protect-gun-owners.html
    this is no longer an OC Event! (But feel free to carry as you would normally if you choose to do so) It is a public gathering of law abiding gun owners throughout Indiana that are not okay with the Hobart Police department targeting gun owners.

The intention is to bring awareness to the City of Hobart and anyone else that the way Hobart Pd has been handling gun owners is not acceptable.

Last edited:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I would say we go to the gas station where you were detained, but we'd provavly end up with Portage responding to MWAG calls.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I would say we go to the gas station where you were detained, we'd provavly end up with Portage responding to MWAG calls.

Idk I see more hobart cops there than portage. But possibly. Hey couldn't hurt to see what police chief Troy Williams protocol for a MWAG is.

I could talk to the manager and or employees since I have come very acquainted with management and employees at that gas station. My guess is the owners wouldn't want it, would assume theyd lose business.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looks like so far its Dan and me. Gimme an address and a time and I'll be there.

Last edited:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'll be there, the gas station will probably make more business. I'm sure well all buy a soda, coffee, or something, along with filling up our cars. City hall would be good for a weekday, not a weekend. I'm game for anything any time, but if it's after the 6th I'm only positive about Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Other days, I just don't know if I'd be able to make it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well Dan, I know you have video on your phone, you can video what happens and send it to the cloud or YouTube or wherever video goes.

A Saturday around 1000 sounds good. We could go to lunch afterwards. Is there a particular restaurant frequented by local police??

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Going to city or county council meetings and expressing your complaints will do more good.

This.

Please stay off of private property and remember to get a parade permit and all other official licenses and permits needed if you are doing an event. This is different that guys just hanging out OCing, this is a demonstration to raise awareness so lets not get the BAD publicity that some such campaigns already have.

Or you can wait another month and my case will be back in the papers after the court date in Oct.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Theres a restaurant in hobart that the officer in my video frequents (no im not a stalker someone told me it was a cop restaurant and he goes there so I could avoid him and not get a boot to my neck)

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    This.

Please stay off of private property and remember to get a parade permit and all other official licenses and permits needed if you are doing an event. This is different that guys just hanging out OCing, this is a demonstration to raise awareness so lets not get the BAD publicity that some such campaigns already have.

Or you can wait another month and my case will be back in the papers after the court date in Oct.

Great point! Thanks

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Just texted my buddy a pic of the cop that messed with you Dan, he said that's one of the cops that showed up and started rummaging through his car.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'm going to try to get my buddy to sign up for an INGO account, and have him post his story, from his recollection, rather then me being a middleman and forgetting something or adding something. Don't want his situation to suffer from a case of Chinese telephone.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I'm going to try to get my buddy to sign up for an INGO account, and have him post his story, from his recollection, rather then me being a middleman and forgetting something or adding something. Don't want his situation to suffer from a case of Chinese telephone.

Great idea. Have him come with us too. Im gonna call u in a bit maybe well get together tomorrow. Possibly visit the mayor and chief and whoever 3lse we can. I was close to giving up but your story got me back into my something must be done state.

What irks me the most is I was willing to give up because lawyering up wasn't helping and they said they'd review thier policy. Obviously they didn't.

Top Bottom