• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Oh. My. God. I just realized that there are gun owners that don't carry. Oh, the humanity! How dare they call themselves real gun owners when they could be ardent OC or CC advocates and jack every thread about every encounter.
    GET OVER YOURSELVES. You know who you are.
    This thread wasn't about OC v CC, it was about some jack-wagon that did't know the law and substituted his opinion.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Oh. My. God. I just realized that there are gun owners that don't carry. Oh, the humanity! How dare they call themselves real gun owners when they could be ardent OC or CC advocates and jack every thread about every encounter.
    This thread wasn't about OC v CC, it was about some jack-wagon that did't know the law and substituted his opinion.

Sorry...
    I will not do it again...

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I'm still wondering why so many CCW-ers get all up in a bunch about OC? We OC folks don't give a hoot about how they carry, or even if they choose not to. Why the hate?

Much like how many people support the 2nd Amendment, but ONLY to the extent that they are allowed to own their $10,000 shotguns, because they have a "sporting use." In their opinion, anyone who wants an EBR or a high capacity magazine is a dangerous radical, and EBRs and high capacity magazines should be banned.

After all, expensive sporting shotguns are socially acceptable, don't scare the uneducated, and have a "legitimate purpose." This is the argument made before the Billary assault weapon and magazine bans.

It seems that the attitude stems partly from elitism: if only expensive sporting arms are allowed, that prevents the 'lesser elements' from being able to purchase a firearm; and also partly from a desire to be 'socially acceptable' by not doing ANYTHING to upset ANYONE, in the hopes that if the uneducated don't get scared, they won't try to ban sporting arms.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion

Oddly enough the driving force behind the argument also substituted his opinion over fact:popcorn:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    Yeah, i was really interested in this thread and wanted to eventually find out what happened with the Chief, but this is so off topic now that I'm just going to unsubscribe from this thread. :noway:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Yeah, i was really interested in this thread and wanted to eventually find out what happened with the Chief, but this is so off topic now that I'm just going to unsubscribe from this thread. :noway:

WHAT??!? And miss a perfectly good CC v. OC debate that is fact-filled, educational, and informative??

You'll never get to learn how "OCing only results in more restrictive gun laws, and that there is no legitimate reason to OC, because you obviously only want to scare people, and should thus not be allowed to own firearms at all."

This is the brother argument to "there is no legitimate (i.e.- 'sporting') use of an EBR. Anyone who wants an EBR, or a high capacity magazine needs to understand that by owning them, it only results in stricter guns laws, only scares people, and they should not be allowed to own firearms."

I get SOOOO tired of people making those arguments.They feel they should have the ability to dictate what legal actions other people should be "allowed" to take, which is the worst form of elitism.

NOTE TO ELITISTS: If I am not harming you, but you don't like what I am legally doing, LOOK THE OTHER WAY. It's the same concept as "if you don't like what you hear on the radio, operate the ON/OFF selector. "It's called freedom to make decisions, which we still have in some aspects of life, at least until you elitists get your way and remove it.

Top Bottom