Obama would have been eligible for the presidency even if he wasn't born here.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    After Obama let loose his birth (berff) certificate he stated. "We don't have time for this circus act. There is more prolific stuff on the table."

Then he boarded a plane to do Opra show. Well Played POTUS.

Clearly he felt he had something to prove.... or to gain, like polling numbers. As this birth cert thing has now climaxed this week he numbers dropped.... now that he has proved it... they are (maybe) starting to rise again. Reelection is his priority, not the country. I bet as we get closer to election time, you will see fuel price start to drop, call me crazy.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    After Obama let loose his birth (berff) certificate he stated. "We don't have time for this circus act. There is more prolific stuff on the table."

Clearly he felt he had something to prove.... or to gain, like polling numbers. As this birth cert thing has now climaxed this week he numbers dropped.... now that he has proved it... they are (maybe) starting to rise again. Reelection is his priority, not the country. I bet as we get closer to election time, you will see fuel price start to drop, call me crazy.

EPIC POST!!!!!! this is T-Shirt material right here!!!!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I didn't read the link, but IIRC, the law at the time of his birth provided that to pass citizenship, his mother would have had to not only have been a US citizen, but she would have to have been one for five years following her 14th birthday. As she was 18 at the time of his birth, that was not possible.

One more reason to not vote for Romney OR Barry, as if I needed a reason in either case.

Blessings,
    Bill

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    His mother may have become a U.S. citizen, but isn't the scuttlebutt that at the time of the Kenyan's (no, I'm not going to stop calling him that) birth, she had not been here for sufficient duration to achieve citizen status? Something like 5 years, and she'd only been here 3 when he was born?

Edit: yeah, what he said ^^

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Whenever I've traveled overseas, I have had to obtain a passport and a visa in some cases. If the President were born in Kenya, couldn't his mothers' documents be traced? After all, in order for him to have been born in Kenya, she would have had to be there, right? And in order for her to travel to Kenya, wouldn't she need a passport?

Just in case someone thinks I got it wrong, I heard that he was born in Kenya earlier today. :dunno:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Whenever I've traveled overseas, I have had to obtain a passport and a visa in some cases. If the President were born in Kenya, couldn't his mothers' documents be traced? After all, in order for him to have been born in Kenya, she would have had to be there, right? And in order for her to travel to Kenya, wouldn't she need a passport?

Just in case someone thinks I got it wrong, I heard that he was born in Kenya earlier today. :dunno:

unfortunately, not back then

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Well I never been to Kenya
    But I've been to Oklahoma
    Oh they tell me I was born there
    But I really don't remember
    In Oklahoma
    Not Na-nairobi,
    What does it matter, what does it matter

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

That's impossible, as the INGObamapologists told us, the birther talk only helped him.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I didn't read the link, but IIRC, the law at the time of his birth provided that to pass citizenship, his mother would have had to not only have been a US citizen, but she would have to have been one for five years following her 14th birthday. As she was 18 at the time of his birth, that was not possible.

One more reason to not vote for Romney OR Barry, as if I needed a reason in either case.

Blessings,
    Bill

Yep.

8 USC 1401(g) (as of 1961)
    § 1401. Nationals and citizens of the United States at birth

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:
    (g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years:

The law was changed back in '86 making it 5 years, at least 2 of which were after 14.
    Under current law, it wouldn't matter. Under the law at the time, it would. Courts consistently held that the amendments are not retroactive.

All that said, the birther thing is a low percentage tactic. My $.02 is that given the facts on the ground as they are, there are better things to use to get Barry out of office.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You're welcome to read the article I posted.

I have now done so, and as before, it's still irrelevant. His mother could not give him US citizenship by birth under the laws in place at the time. To attempt to change that after the fact is to violate Article I, Sec. 9 as an ex post facto law.

Rob377 was kind enough to post the law.

Yep.

8 USC 1401(g) (as of 1961)

The law was changed back in '86 making it 5 years, at least 2 of which were after 14.
    Under current law, it wouldn't matter. Under the law at the time, it would. Courts consistently held that the amendments are not retroactive.

All that said, the birther thing is a low percentage tactic. My $.02 is that given the facts on the ground as they are, there are better things to use to get Barry out of office.

Apparently, it's something the Romney family attorneys need to read as well, or perhaps just something the Obamapologist author needs to stop disregarding.

Rob, you're correct in that this will not be used to declare him Constitutionally unqualified to hold the office, nor to repeal his actions while occupying it. This, to me is only further proof of the two big parties being Jekyll and Hyde, two sides of the same coin: a bad penny that just keeps coming back.

There are alternatives. Sure, they're not perfect, but they're a d*** sight better than what we started off with has become.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I love Haiku...

I like it also, but this ain't it. :):

This is a slight but clever rewrite of "Never Been To Spain", by Three Dog Night, IIRC.

Well I never been to Kenya
    But I've been to Oklahoma
    Oh they tell me I was born there
    But I really don't remember
    In Oklahoma
    Not Na-nairobi,
    What does it matter, what does it matter

How about this instead, BigMatt:

Hope and Change working?
    The country is in shambles.
    Obama worthless.

Or: