• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "The size of your paycheck, though, shouldn’t determine your child’s future," he said.

Obama pushes universal preschool proposal
    "Every dollar we invest in high quality early education can save more than $7 dollars later on," Obama said during a speech at a Community Recreation Center in Decatur, Ga. repeating a line first delivered during his State of the Union address Tuesday night when he unveiled the preschool proposal and other initiatives for the coming year.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Universal indoctrination is more like it....

This!

State education is less about education than it is about building compliant citizens of the state.

“I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.”
    S.L.C.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Preschool is for pussies, my kids never stepped foot in one thankfully. Guess who is performing better in High School, my kids or the ones that went to preschool because the parents didn't want their kids to fall behind :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    And suddenly the Dept. of Education, the Teacher's Unions, various local government officials heard a huge "Cha-Ching!" :rolleyes:

It's ok folks, it's what every child deserves. That means there's nothing wrong with it.

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    "The size of your paycheck, though, shouldn’t determine your child’s future," he said.

Obama pushes universal preschool proposal

Even though studies have shown that the advantage of pre-school largely disappear by 3rd grade, meaning this measure is completely and totally useless.

It's about as effective as their other idea of "Let's just throw more money at the problem. That will fix it, right?"

But hey, in my best politician/Obamaspeak; "We have to have universal pre-school. It's common sense. We need to help those folks. It's the right thing for America. Think of the children. And to pay for it, folks just need to pay their fair share." :rolleyes:

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    My 4 year old is a bit of an introvert. He likes to stay home and play with Mommy and Daddy. We have him in preschool just so he has a few days a week where he's interacting with a group of kids his own age.

We actually chose our home purposefully to make sure he will go to a quality public school. But I still believe education starts and ends on the home.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since I don't have kids yet, I didn't realize it was illegal to NOT educate a kid.

As long as private/home schooling is an option, that's fine... But if those became outlawed, and public/govt school was mandatory... I will not have kids, period.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Since I don't have kids yet, I didn't realize it was illegal to NOT educate a kid.

As long as private/home schooling is an option, that's fine... But if those became outlawed, and public/govt school was mandatory... I will not have kids, period.

Look up Compulsory Attendance laws sometime. Indiana is actually rather lenient when it comes to being able to pull your kid out and private/homeschool them, but many states aren't as happy to let little bags of money waltz out the door.

Top Bottom