• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Mainjet,

Dude we should not be flip about nuking someone. It was a lesser of evils for sure. But being callous to a current ally does no good.
    and dude read some history....The US was not invaded in WW2. Hell Hawaii was a sovereign nation when Pearl Harbor was bombed IIRC.

Hawaii I don't think was a sovereign nation, but a territory of the US. Beyond that whole misunderstanding, Pearl Harbor was most certainly Sovereign US land. It was our largest Naval base in the Pacific. They invaded us when their mini-subs started showing up in our waters and then when that one washed up on our beach. Yes, the Japanese invaded us and fired on our ships first. Before the planes even reached our base. They practically declared war on us the moment they walked away from peace talks. Hell, they practically declared war on us the moment they sent spies to Pearl Harbor and set plans in motion to attack us.

As much as I would have hated to make the decision to drop the bombs, I would have if I had the chance to do it over again in those days. It was the only way to stop Japan from massacring all those innocent people in the Southeast Asian Island chain, Philippines, etc. Luckily China pushed them back off the mainland. :twocents:

And honestly, if we'd just helped them with their resources to begin with, they'd never have reached out and attacked other Countries for their resources. Well, maybe. Maybe not. There's no way to have known really.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Mainjet,

Dude we should not be flip about nuking someone. It was a lesser of evils for sure. But being callous to a current ally does no good.
    and dude read some history....The US was not invaded in WW2. Hell Hawaii was a sovereign nation when Pearl Harbor was bombed IIRC.

Well I may sound flip about it, your right. However, this is the main reason that we get into these wars/conflicts/police actions and cannot figure a way out. I say if you are going to enter a fight then you do whatever it takes to end it with you as the winner. We are never willing to get in there and absolutely do whatever it takes to win and get out.

Politicians get involved in making their party look good while real men and women that signed up to protect this country die. Your enemy should know if you come in then you are coming full bore. If you have the weapon that will end the war, you use it and win. Otherwise they may just win.

War is unbelievably nasty. That's why you never want to be in one. So you do everything in your power to stay out. But if your forced in, then it's fighting time.

I'm just fine with my history. That was the red, white and blue flag that they fired on. If that is not attacking the US then I don't know what is.. Maybe they just hated the Hawaiians and our ships got in the way? That could be.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    have we forgotten the point of the thread? should our commander in cheif, our point man, our spokesperson be allowed to be coy and fearful when tested? not only abroad but on our own soil? i'll say it again, this is the direct result of having a president who has NEVER SERVED his country. when serving you aquire a respect and attitude that AMERICA is worth defending. he certainly doesn't have that attitude and is proving this country to be full of cowards who refuse to stand up in the face of adversity. my two cents and i know everyone has their own opinion. may GOD bless this great country and sustain us for the next 3 years of subservient cowardice.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I just hope that the rest of the world will be able to see past this president and see that the American people are not ashamed to live here and be Americans. There is a sliver of America that wants to apologize for America. But the regular people that go to work everyday are very proud of their country and those that have fought to defend it.

IT's very difficult to sit back and watch the apology tours take place. I have to put my head in my hands when I see him bow to foreign leaders. IF it's their custom then why are they not bowing to him like he is to them? Come on, shake hands and give a small bow of the head if you like but don't show them the back of your head because you are bowing so deeply.

Top Bottom