Oak Harbor City WA Councilman Tries to Disarm Veteran. (Mayor Steps In)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Emailed kudos to the Mayor and emailed Mr. Almberg my hopes that the good people of Oak Harbor will give him a swift kick in the pants next election cycle for trampling on citizen's rights and wanting to 'take his ball and go home' when not getting his way.

Also advised him to grow a pair.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    If I were that patriot I would find it my duty to show up at every meeting to ensure that the council member walked out of every meeting and didn't vote. The town would be better off.

If I was that veteran, I would attend every council meeting and let him walk out, then after repeated walk outs, ask the council to remove the councilman for failure and dereliction of duty to perform his job. Then vote in a pro 2nd council member to replace him.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    This video is awesome, wonder if the mayor would run for president :)

I did wonder what happen all the people that were in attendance early in the video were at the 6:02 mark? There had been 3-4 full rows of folks, did the scary guy with a gun run off all those people too????

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Made for a few very uncomfortable moments for those involved. Typical liberal attitude was displayed by the offending city council member walking out. Can't have my way then I will take my toys and go home. You know like a six year old does.

Nice job from the city council.

Olive Drab

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Indy
    I just saw this on another forum. It's great to see a fellow veteran stand up for the 2nd Amendment and an elected official that takes his oath of office seriously.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Who does Almberg think he is, David Gregory?

David-Gregory-Quickmeme.jpg

The nerve of SAF expecting the .gov to obey its own laws...

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    What, exactly, was he trying to prove by walking out? I mean... Does he really think the man was going to pull said firearm and use it against him?

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    What, exactly, was he trying to prove by walking out? I mean... Does he really think the man was going to pull said firearm and use it against him?

Nah, he was just pouting because everyone but a single official voted against his motion. He had to have felt inferior at that point and just chose to take his overbearing self rightious indignation and avoid further embarrassment by leaving. Poor widdle guy...may have soiled himself.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    My daughter lives in Oak Harbor, I wonder if the same as city...nothing around there but Navy housing , an air base and a Walmart the way she talks. Will have to ask her about this.

Your daughter would be correct, though they do have a home depot now. I lived there for four years while in the Navy. Its a nice town to live in, but if you're not an outdoorsy type person there's not a lot to do there. I would venture to guess that over 75% of the town is military, military dependents, or veterans.

Glad to see people around there standing up for the military, when I was there a lot of the locals didn't care too much for us, almost like they were just "tolerating" our presence there even though that town would not exist without the air station.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Nah, he was just pouting because everyone but a single official voted against his motion. He had to have felt inferior at that point and just chose to take his overbearing self rightious indignation and avoid further embarrassment by leaving. Poor widdle guy...may have soiled himself.

I felt like he was trying to make a statement that he felt the room to be dangerous because of the presence of a gun and was removing himself from the danger. Unfortunately, it made him like like a terrified ass instead.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Great video and rep inbound!

My emails to the mayor and the wussy boy:

Your Honor,

I just watched the video of your recent council meeting in which a proper citizen was armed. You handled it with the utmost respect for the citizen and have done your office, state and country proud.

I wish you were my mayor.

God bless you and keep you, good sir.

Regards, etc.

Mr. Almberg,

I just witnessed your behavior at a recent council meeting and I must admit, I was astonished that a grown man could be so frightened of a legally armed, proper citizen that he was inclined to run away like a frightened child.

You re not fit to hold any sort of public office. You swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of our great country and the great state of Washington yet you fail to do so. In fact, you motioned to deny you constituent his God given right acknowledged and upheld by our Constitution.

I’m glad you aren’t representing me or the majority of Americans that believe in our Constitution.

I wish you the wisdom to see your behavior and actions to be in violation of your oath and that you decide to correct your error.

Regards, etc.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Quote: The city council eventually voted to overturn the ban, which the interim city attorney had told the members was unconstitutional. The council did not call for the resignation of fellow member Almberg, which a few people had called for.

After the meeting, he said he hopes the city can move past this and get onto more important business.

But, Mr Almberg, what could be more important than Public Safety?

Top Bottom