• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    What an idiot. You shouldnt have guns in your house. If somebody breaks in you could hurt them and thats not right.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Like everything else in the news, there is more to the story. Essentially, there were some hispanic folks having an argument on the street in front of his house. He yells at them to shut the **** up. They tell him to mind his own business. He goes an gets an ak and informs them they're all gonna get shot. They call his bluff and walk up to his yard saying he isn't gonna shoot anyone. He then cracks off a dozen or so rounds into the air and some into the ground at the feet of the hispanic guys.

once he and his lawyer were able to get his story straight, he was defending is family from an infamous gang, who for no reason, were attempting to storm his house.

lord knows where his bullets went.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Like everything else in the news, there is more to the story. Essentially, there were some hispanic folks having an argument on the street in front of his house. He yells at them to shut the **** up. They tell him to mind his own business. He goes an gets an ak and informs them they're all gonna get shot. They call his bluff and walk up to his yard saying he isn't gonna shoot anyone. He then cracks off a dozen or so rounds into the air and some into the ground at the feet of the hispanic guys.

once he and his lawyer were able to get his story straight, he was defending is family from an infamous gang, who for no reason, were attempting to storm his house.

Where'd you get that version?

In any case, if your version is closer to the sequence: a guy yells at some people to shut up because they are yelling/fighting/whatever in front of his house, and so they respond by trespassing on his property while "calling his bluff."

He may have suspected that they were MS-13, but either way, he could have reasonably felt in fear for his life (or that of his family).

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    friend in NY.

I agree with you that you could possibly make that defense, however you didn't kill anyone and it's you against the "gang" in court. They're gonna say, "we were arguing over what to eat for dinner as we passed his house, this lunatic grabs an military style assault rifle that is the preferred weapon of the enemies of the united states (perhaps gets the jury to start humming "america the beautiful), He runs outside and starts recklessly firing round after round up into the air and at our feet. He then makes statements that we are in a gang based solely on the fact that we're hispanic."

The only real problem i have is him shooting in the air. In my neighborhood, if everyone shot into the air whenever someone argued outside, you'd need a metal umbrella from all the lead raining down.

The point i was trying to make is how the news gets everything wrong (oddly enough in the favor of the gun owner in this case). I should have been more specific in my earlier comments. The purpose of the news is to get you to feel an emotion (anger, sadness, happiness) that way you'll come back for more. The news gathers the facts, establishes a story it wants to go with, throws out all facts that contradict that story, then they run with it. When people read the newspaper, they accept that as truth. When they hear, "father of 4 gunned down on his way to church" that elicits a reaction of "oh my god, i'm a father and i could get shot...what a horrible tragedy". They leave out the fact that he was out at 3am. He's has several convictions for dealing dope. His 4 kids are by 3 different women, and he can't remember their names. etc etc.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    1st thing that pisses me off, why do they have a photo of a bunch of AKs at the top of the page? If it had been any other weapon, this probably wouldn't be the case.
    Yeah, if a bunch of thugs threatened to kill his family, then my hat is off to the guy for not killing them all, that's some pretty good restraint shown.
    Problem is, there may be a really big difference between the story we are reading/hearing, and what really happened.
    Bottom line, I really don't know what to make of this, but if the dudes story is the correct story, the state of New York, and the entire country would be a better place if he greased all of them.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

If this is the real version...the dumb ass belongs in jail.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    If this is the real version...the dumb ass belongs in jail.

Who's the dumbass though? If you have a guy on his property with an AK47 telling you not to come on his property, do you think the proper course of action would be to then to go on his property and dare him to shoot you?

You've already been given warning by the property owner to not trespass.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Who's the dumbass though? If you have a guy on his property with an AK47 telling you not to come on his property, do you think the proper course of action would be to then to go on his property and dare him to shoot you?

You've already been given warning by the property owner to not trespass.
    I'm all about private property owner's rights. However, the version of the story I commented on said nothing about anyone trespassing. It said they walked up "to" his property...not "on to". Regardless. If someone is out in the street in front of your property (not on it) and you run out with a gun and start popping off rounds into either the air or the ground...don't be surprised if someone either:

1. Plants one between your eyes, or
    2. Shoves that gun where the sun don't shine.

Sure...even if they are standing in your yard...go out and tell them to get the hell off. But randomly firing shots not knowing what they'll hit? If they don't leave...get your ass back inside the house and call the po-po. Let them haul them off to jail. Retards shouldn't have guns. :twocents:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Originally Posted by vitamink

Where'd you get that version?

In any case, if your version is closer to the sequence: a guy yells at some people to shut up because they are yelling/fighting/whatever in front of his house, and so they respond by trespassing on his property while "calling his bluff."

He may have suspected that they were MS-13, but either way, he could have reasonably felt in fear for his life (or that of his family).
    If this is true, he should have just let it go and let them argue instead of jumping in on it.:dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom