Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I don't get it. My grandpa was 89 years old picking me up from the airport at 1am.

Boomers such as my mom can't even drive at twilight or in the rain.

My Dad drove competently to a ripe, old age. And I used to be a flat-out road warrior, driving 780 miles in 11 hours thru the night, to get to our southern woods.

Now, at only 63, my eyeballs don't like extended night driving. Lights mess with them. And rain don't help. During the day though, I still give it ****.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks all you "motor heads" jedi made a few purchases today.

Screenshot_20231113_182057_Amazon Shopping.jpg

The 6 tons were just $20 more than the 3 tons so figured the extra $20 was not gonna hurt.

Screenshot_20231113_182112_Opera.jpg
    $200 sale price but jedi has to go pick it up in Merrillville. Oh the woes of having to go SOUTH of US-30! Da fresh air may kill jedi! ;)

@melensdad the jack is from a Ukraine/American company. Closest jedi could find in terms of buying an American product.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Installed 7 stained glass windows in my home today with the help of my friend. 3 in my foyer, 2 in my living room, 1 each in a bathroom and a laundry room, all facing the front of the property. I feel like my body has been beaten by a street gang from Chiraq. But the work is 90+% done. Got to put up some wood trim on 2 of them. Some finish stain on a couple. But the big work is done.

72159146532__74F0C282-6D5F-463C-957F-E8F70E4E0AA3.jpeg

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Installed 7 stained glass windows in my home today with the help of my friend. 3 in my foyer, 2 in my living room, 1 each in a bathroom and a laundry room, all facing the front of the property. I feel like my body has been beaten by a street gang from Chiraq. But the work is 90+% done. Got to put up some wood trim on 2 of them. Some finish stain on a couple. But the big work is done.

View attachment 311918

That's some classy work Bob. As well as a tasteful design. Sets a mood.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Holy smokes! $250 for TWO jackstands??!!
    Yups.
    Based on the YouTube stress videos, reviews, made in USA and having a dept of defense contract jedi wants peace of mind when being under the van.

Sold some stock to cover this. They have 10 ton ones as well probably for humvees but you said 3 tons was good so 6 should be better. :)

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    My dad just stopped driving at 89 - he's 90 now, but he would go just about anywhere up until a year ago. Sad for him, but he is just not physically able to do it safely now.
    Completely different generation. Those people were hard as nails.

"they don't make em like they used to"

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    And that just gets half the car up! What's plan B?

Well when melensdad crosses over to the IL side for his condo run, jedis gang of raccons is gonna jack him to cover thr other $250 for stands. Duh!

Mmmuuhhhaaaaaa

3 plans come to mind and not sure which one yet to use for tire rotations.

1. Use two 3-ton Pittsburg jack stands to lift the back of the van. Brand new in box hand me downs from jedis uncle that never used then.

2. Use the floor jack and the van scissor jack to lift the right side to rotate those tires.

3. Use a spare tire. So floor jack lifts front side to get front tire off, put spare.
    The. Use floor jack to lift back side, remove tire, out the front tire here and then repeat to get spare off front to replace with back. One side done. Repeat on the other side.

Takes longer but probably the safest way.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Well when melensdad crosses over to the IL side for his condo run, jedis gang of raccons is gonna jack him to cover thr other $250 for stands. Duh!

Mmmuuhhhaaaaaa

3 plans come to mind and not sure which one yet to use for tire rotations.

1. Use two 3-ton Pittsburg jack stands to lift the back of the van. Brand new in box hand me downs from jedis uncle that never used then.

2. Use the floor jack and the van scissor jack to lift the right side to rotate those tires.

3. Use a spare tire. So floor jack lifts front side to get front tire off, put spare.
    The. Use floor jack to lift back side, remove tire, out the front tire here and then repeat to get spare off front to replace with back. One side done. Repeat on the other side.

Takes longer but probably the safest way.
    Good lord dude, you're making it way more difficult than it needs to be.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Holy f jedi...
    What?
    The $250 is killing you?

jedi really, really dislikes being under vehicles. Would rather have to deal with raccoons and ticks then be under a vehicle.

Got lucky when covid hit and bought a ton of stock at and rock bottom prices.
    Cashing some of that out for this cause I rather have piece of mind when doing this.

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Tire rotation
    Oil change
    Transmission fluid change

Mainly on a dodge caravan plus a Ford explorer.

would u rather jedi spend it on lEgo?

I was only kiddin about just 1/2 the car up.

I assume you can get both the tires on one side (at the proper brace points) onto the jack stands, rotate tires front-to-back; do other side the same way, then use both jackstands up front to get the oil changed, etc..., while keeping the floor jack tight for safety, during each step. I think is the way to proceed, with only 2 jack stands.

Car guys correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom