• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Had dinner last night at Pivot Lounge in Crown Point and the perch was great and plenty of it. Remined me of the perch from Tiebels
    JEDI BLAMES ALL OF YOU!!!!

WHERE IS THE SNOW!!!!
    Don't know but all my solar lights are getting charged and nice not to have cloudy skies.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Looks like a few of my friends at Stellantis got some bad news and the long strike has caused some restructuring of the IT departments. Looks like they only want like 1 or two Senior level techs at each plant and everyone else will be a contractor...

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    93   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Got quite a bit more done on the lights today, so Actaeon light show is almost ready.
    Doing ours tomorrow. Haven't done them in several years. (too old, fat & cripple)
    Got some high school kids coming over to help out. (do it all)
    Excited to be back in the Christmas spirit.

Til then, I'll just TRY to finish watching Jerimiah Johnson...

409494818_3540801386168329_1320338655490407537_n.jpg

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Headed back from USA Swimming Junior Nationals at THE Ohio State University tomorrow. Swim meet finished tonight. We saw several meet records broken, some National age group records broken and two International Age Group records broken.

This was a meet for 18 and under swimmers, some of who will be competing at the upcoming USA Olympic Team Trials. It amazes me that kids just keep getting faster. In my mind, there is a wall. The wall defines how fast a human can go. That wall applies to anything, swimming, running and so on. The flip side is that the wall can be broken with drugs or, dare I say, men competing as women. But, that's a discussion for a different time and different place, not here. These kids can and are randomly tested during the meet, so, the possibility of PED use is essentially non-existent. But, these kids just keep getting faster and faster. There seems to be no wall.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Headed back from USA Swimming Junior Nationals. . . . But, these kids just keep getting faster and faster. There seems to be no wall.
    Today my girls saber fencers competed at Culver Military Academy and my kids won Gold, Silver and Bronze in the "E and Under" Women's Saber completion. My boys won Gold and 8th in the men's Saber division.

I was not at the event because technically I'm not their coach. But I work with them at my fencing club. They represent the high school team that I no longer work with but I work with them at my club and give them lessons, so I think it is reasonably fair to clam them as mine. I started all 3 of them too.

Also, one of my boys won GOLD and another won 8th. Same scenario, I don't coach them at H.S. but I do coach them at my club. Pretty happy with their results. IMG_0390.jpeg

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Today my girls saber fencers competed at Culver Military Academy and my kids won Gold, Silver and Bronze in the "E and Under" Women's Saber completion. My boys won Gold and 8th in the men's Saber division.

I was not at the event because technically I'm not their coach. But I work with them at my fencing club. They represent the high school team that I no longer work with but I work with them at my club and give them lessons, so I think it is reasonably fair to clam them as mine. I started all 3 of them too.

Also, one of my boys won GOLD and another won 8th. Same scenario, I don't coach them at H.S. but I do coach them at my club. Pretty happy with their results. View attachment 317766
    You see the same thing I see. It's just amazing, the level that these kids perform.

For what it's worth, Carmel won the women's high points, fifth in the men's high points and......

drum roll

Carmel won First for Combined Points.

NWI was represented by one swimmer from Munster Swim Club and three swimmers from Valpo Swim Club.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    You see the same thing I see. It's just amazing, the level that these kids perform.

For what it's worth, Carmel won the women's high points, fifth in the men's high points and......

drum roll

Carmel won First for Combined Points.

NWI was represented by one swimmer from Munster Swim Club and three swimmers from Valpo Swim Club.
    For reference, Carmel beat every swim team, basically.... east of the Mississippi.

Indiana IS swimming.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    93   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Doing ours tomorrow. Haven't done them in several years. (too old, fat & cripple)
    Got some high school kids coming over to help out. (do it all)
    Excited to be back in the Christmas spirit.

Til then, I'll just TRY to finish watching Jerimiah Johnson...

View attachment 317759

After I posted that photo, I got to thinking... We've had that rug almost 20 years now.
    I just think it's cool that I still benefit from the rather stupid risk I took to stop a convoy in Iraq... so I could buy a handmade Persian rug from some Haji off the side of the MSR back in 2005... lol. If I remember right, I think I gave $40 for it.

Here it is in the motor pool laid out on a trailer post mission.
    Just rolled it up, tied it with 550 cord, and mailed it home.

Our Rug.JPG

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom