NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Thanks, guys. There are a lot of really good watches on the second-hand market that people got rid of just because the battery was dead. I've been thinking about picking some up and fixing them up and reselling. Mostly Seiko, Pulsar, etc. Just wanted a little feel for the market.
    So are you going with the business name "Watch It- I Got This"?

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Thanks, guys. There are a lot of really good watches on the second-hand market that people got rid of just because the battery was dead. I've been thinking about picking some up and fixing them up and reselling. Mostly Seiko, Pulsar, etc. Just wanted a little feel for the market.
    Find me a nice one.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There are also a lot of fake watches and frankenwatches out there, Seikos, Citizens, etc.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Gold or silver? Metal band or leather?
    Silver, metal. ;)
    But seriously, i don't know if i would buy anything other than another automatic at the point. I have at least 4 "nice" battery opp. ones. I wear one of two battery opp Bulovas almost every day unless i'm matching an outfit purposefully like today where the watch was determined by the belt and shoes...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I would definitely consider a nice battery-powered, analog watch, silver body, white face(or very light) with easily visible hands.
    Should have tick markers at every hour, don't care about a second hand. Day number would be nice but not required. Metal stretchy band like a cheap Speidel or whatever, just not one with a latch and not leather or vinyl.

Reading back, this sounds overly specific but I think these are very common specifics.

(definitely battery though, not an automatic one like a Seiko 5, I wouldn't wear it enough to keep it running.)
    (I used to have an Evinger metal expansion watch band, ridiculously flexible but not made for many years now. Would love to find one.)

Last edited:

Lpherr

Occupied
    Silver, metal. ;)
    But seriously, i don't know if i would buy anything other than another automatic at the point. I have at least 4 "nice" battery opp. ones. I wear one of two battery opp Bulovas almost every day unless i'm matching an outfit purposefully like today where the watch was determined by the belt and shoes...
    Did your handbag match as well? :lmfao:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :rockwoot:
    Looks like the majority of the white stuff has melted. Hum... jedi might be able to get all the stuff down today.
    But jedi suspects tomorrow for sure

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom