Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I found this..

Who needs a FOID Card?

Unless specifically exempted by statute, any Illinois resident who acquires or possesses firearms, firearm ammunition, tasers or stun guns within the State must have in their possession a valid FOID card issued in his or her name. Non-residents are not required to have a FOID card.

But then there's..

Non-residents

A non-resident is permitted to possess a firearm without a FOID if it is unloaded and enclosed in a case, or if the nonresident is:

• Hunting and has a non-resident hunting license, while in an area where hunting is permitted.
    • On a target range recognized by the Department of State Police.
    • At a gun show recognized by the Department of State Police.
    • Currently licensed or registered to possess a firearm in his state of residence.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Well, I found this..

Who needs a FOID Card?

Unless specifically exempted by statute, any Illinois resident who acquires or possesses firearms, firearm ammunition, tasers or stun guns within the State must have in their possession a valid FOID card issued in his or her name. Non-residents are not required to have a FOID card.

But then there's..

Non-residents

A non-resident is permitted to possess a firearm without a FOID if it is unloaded and enclosed in a case, or if the nonresident is:

• Hunting and has a non-resident hunting license, while in an area where hunting is permitted.
    • On a target range recognized by the Department of State Police.
    • At a gun show recognized by the Department of State Police.
    • Currently licensed or registered to possess a firearm in his state of residence.
    this is not current info. your IN LTCH allows you to carry on your person IN YOUR VEHICLE just like IN. upon leaving your vehicle you must leave it out of sight in the vehicle. also, if you have owners permission, you can carry on that persons private property. the last line pretty much covers it though it's kinda misleading (probably on purpose)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm back home, south of 30, where the air is clean, the sun always shines and the thugs are afraid of cattle.

The good news is that she didn't like the condo. So I'm off the hook. At least for now.
    :facepalm:

R u da reason 4 jedi's 1.75 hour commute back today!!!

Some major accident by Chinatown so jedi got off and went towards lake shore drive.

Construction at MSI on lake shore drive had it down to 1 lane! Took the side streets thru south shore/south Chicago which is never a good idea.

(That is true gang bangers land shootings in daylight, etc...)

Made it to the Indiana side by Whiting only to find yet another accident on calumet with the road closed.

Detour into EC and maybe waved at t-star as jedi passed the south shore train station.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    I'm back home, south of 30, where the air is clean, the sun always shines and the thugs are afraid of cattle.

The good news is that she didn't like the condo. So I'm off the hook. At least for now.
    if you get a place there will you need to take lessons from jedi?
    the proper way to hold a High Point sideways etc. etc.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Next weekend I want to go to Two Bear Arms Gun Shop in Etna Green and go up tp Nappanee for a Amish lunch. Any suggestions and heard there is a ice cream shop buy can't remember the name.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Next weekend I want to go to Two Bear Arms Gun Shop in Etna Green and go up tp Nappanee for a Amish lunch. Any suggestions and heard there is a ice cream shop buy can't remember the name.
    If you’re out that way already, zx guns in goshen is decent. Not huge, blythe’s valpo sized, prices are good though. Went earlier this year, left empty handed but was in search of a p320 legion or spectre. Still looking

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    If you’re out that way already, zx guns in goshen is decent. Not huge, blythe’s valpo sized, prices are good though. Went earlier this year, left empty handed but was in search of a p320 legion or spectre. Still looking
    I've bought a few guns from them at the Valpo Show over the years. They are good to do business with. Never have stopped in either store. Wish they'd open one up over in this area.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    We have had a middle school literally in our back yard for 13 years and have not had any problems at all.
    I've got an elementary school two doors down from my house, lived here for 15+ yrs. I've got them coming through in front and behind my house depending on where they live.

Not much of any problems. Occasionally find a ball or something in the back yard, used to have a large dog that sounded mean when he barked but loved kids. We think that another kid would take it and throw it in to be mean to the owner of the ball. Did once find a bike tossed over the fence, contacted the school and P.D. and gave them the info but never heard anything from either of them about it.
    this is not current info. your IN LTCH allows you to carry on your person IN YOUR VEHICLE just like IN. upon leaving your vehicle you must leave it out of sight in the vehicle. also, if you have owners permission, you can carry on that persons private property. the last line pretty much covers it though it's kinda misleading (probably on purpose)
    I don't believe you even need a LTCH now that IN is a CC state. See the next to last two words of (2), I know when this was passed that residents of CC states could carry.

(e) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a non-resident from transporting a concealed firearm within his or her vehicle in Illinois, if the concealed firearm remains within his or her vehicle and the non-resident:
    (1) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a​
    firearm under federal law;​
    (2) is eligible to carry a firearm in public under​
    the laws of his or her state or territory of residence, as evidenced by the possession of a concealed carry license or permit issued by his or her state of residence, if applicable; and​
    (3) is not in possession of a license under this Act.
    If the non-resident leaves his or her vehicle unattended, he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or locked container within the vehicle in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 65 of this Act.
    (Source: P.A. 102-538, eff. 8-20-21.)​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom