NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    IF it's the 5.4 liter 3 valve engine, hard pass. most people will sell those at tune up time because the spark plugs break off in the heads and become a nightmare that will run you thousand's. maintenance tune up time is 100k, by 133k its starting to run bad and now its required. if it's NOT the 3 valve 5.4 engine you'll be ok.
    It's the 5.4L, don't know if it's 3-valve. This is really too much truck for me anyway, I think. A Ranger or S-10 would be better. I saw a Ranger and messaged about it and they never got back to me. Maybe it was already sold.

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    IF it's the 5.4 liter 3 valve engine, hard pass. most people will sell those at tune up time because the spark plugs break off in the heads and become a nightmare that will run you thousand's. maintenance tune up time is 100k, by 133k its starting to run bad and now its required. if it's NOT the 3 valve 5.4 engine you'll be ok.

DK, I had not heard that about the 5.4. I had a '98 Explorer, the last year for the 302, and had heard the replacement engine over the next few years, I believe the 4.6 liter, had that problem. But I thought they had figured it out and fixed subsequent years.

I know you're a mechanic, so I'm not argueing. I'll defer to your experience obviously.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    In construction for 40 years, it seems funny to me that they now list the bed size on the side of the truck...

4 X 4
    OK, laughing. Took me a minute of wondering if you were serious or kidding. I'm kind of dense that way.

The other day on facebook I posted something about spelling and grammar pet peeves. Mentioned something about a "dinning" table with "rod iron" trim that someone had posted. One of my friends posted that they "should of checked grammar, and should of checked spelling to." I was not sure whether to laugh or not.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    5.4 2v had issue popping plugs out, but that really only happened when someone didn't torque them correctly or let debris fall into threads when removing old plugs.

I thought the 3v plugs, they had to be broken to get the tool in there to get them out.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    OK, laughing. Took me a minute of wondering if you were serious or kidding. I'm kind of dense that way.

The other day on facebook I posted something about spelling and grammar pet peeves. Mentioned something about a "dinning" table with "rod iron" trim that someone had posted. One of my friends posted that they "should of checked grammar, and should of checked spelling to." I was not sure whether to laugh or not.
    If you check the urban/ebon dictionary you will find that of is an acceptable substitute for have.

I seen it their fer sherly.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Anyone have some recommendations for a good tree service. My large oak needs a few dead limbs removed.

I've had no luck so far with 3 places.

I'll call them out.

Cams tree service
    Edmunds tree service
    Region tree service

All 3 I had date set for them to come out and give an estimate. None showed and none of them called to reschedule or anything.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Anyone have some recommendations for a good tree service. My large oak needs a few dead limbs removed.

I'll call them out.

Cams tree service
    Edmunds tree service
    Region tree service

All 3 I had date set for them to come out and give an estimate. None showed and none of them called to reschedule or anything.
    We had Joe Got Wood take down a tree a few weeks ago. He did a good job taking it down without a huge mess, then came back a few days later and cleared the stump.

219-759-5637

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

I'll call them out.

Cams tree service
    Edmunds tree service
    Region tree service

A few years back we used Timber Masters. They were very professional. I don't have a phone number handy, but assume you could find them on the interwebs.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Will call all 3 suggestions tomorrow. See if any will actually show up.

I left a bad review on Google for Cams. He responded within an hour to that. No record of me and I'm must be confused...lol. They were my first call as they are extremely local to my location

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom