• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    that is true of most states. I can vouch for IN, IL, CA, MA, TX, and RI that require within 30 days of "living" in the state that you must change your driver license and car plates UNLESS you are a student or active mil.

Once you get your KY DL don't forget you have to call ISP and let them know you have moved out of state so your IN LTCH can be "deactivated".

I have 60 days for my LTCH and within 60 days I hope to try and get my KY CDW permit. :/ I'm already missing Indiana and its liberal (with a little L), gun laws.

Look at the requirements for a KY CDW and you'll be surprised. It's probably not a bad idea to do an 8 hour class on things like gun safety, gun handling, gun laws, and "qualify" (I use that term loosely) with the gun.

I have 20 shots at a man sized target (no distance specified) and I have to hit 11 out of those 20 shots on the target.

As a legal alien too I have to give them evidence I'm here legally. Indiana didn't care because I'd already had to prove my residency in order to get an IN DL. I have to do the same in order to get a KY DL so I don't know why they want me to once again prove I'm legal here...

Even my wife said to me last night over dinner:
    "Who's idea was this to move here?" when I was telling her we'll need to re-register and title the cars and get new DL's. D'oh.

MY wife is pissed because we JUST paid to have new plates in her new name ($200+) and we paid money to renew her IN DL in her new name. Do we have to surrender our IN DLs now too?

Oh, and Jefferson Co., KY have a reserve deputy program. It's a volunteer program but they're sworn LEOs. Kinda cool if you ask me :D

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have 60 days for my LTCH and within 60 days I hope to try and get my KY CDW permit. :/ I'm already missing Indiana and its liberal (with a little L), gun laws.

Look at the requirements for a KY CDW and you'll be surprised. It's probably not a bad idea to do an 8 hour class on things like gun safety, gun handling, gun laws, and "qualify" (I use that term loosely) with the gun.

I have 20 shots at a man sized target (no distance specified) and I have to hit 11 out of those 20 shots on the target.

As a legal alien too I have to give them evidence I'm here legally. Indiana didn't care because I'd already had to prove my residency in order to get an IN DL. I have to do the same in order to get a KY DL so I don't know why they want me to once again prove I'm legal here...

Even my wife said to me last night over dinner:
    "Who's idea was this to move here?" when I was telling her we'll need to re-register and title the cars and get new DL's. D'oh.

MY wife is pissed because we JUST paid to have new plates in her new name ($200+) and we paid money to renew her IN DL in her new name. Do we have to surrender our IN DLs now too?

Oh, and Jefferson Co., KY have a reserve deputy program. It's a volunteer program but they're sworn LEOs. Kinda cool if you ask me :D
    Live on this side of the river.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    DSC_0293.JPG

DSC_0296.JPG

DSC_0303.JPG

DSC_0313.JPG

DSC_0314.JPG

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Repeter, my Dad, and I spent about 6 hours putting flags on the graves at Calumet Park Cemetary. Got to go back for another hour or so in a few minutes.

My mind still thinks I'm a young man. But my muscles right now are argueing.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just got home from my Canadian fishing trip. Tired. Going to bed. Drove all night. We were delayed 12+ hours due to a storm that kept the bush pilots grounded so we couldn't leave the fish camp.

It was an awesome trip! More later, got to sleep now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Lets all be thankful that the criminal was courteous enough to kill himself and save our tax dollars from keeping him in prison for however many years. Lets hope that more criminals will be as courteous as this one and just kill themselves.

Why are you so quick to slap the "criminial" label on that shooter? Yes him holding hostages is a criminal act. What brought him to do this is what I would like to know. All I have read is that money was due to him by one of the realtors (not due to a real estate transaction). If the guy is from TX was it that much $$$ that he would come all the way from TX to confront (with force) and possibly kill the man who owed him money.

:dunno:

That's just wrong.

Agree... t_star is a meany. :D

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    so what kind of plans do you all have for this weekend? The wife and kids are gone for the weekend and in between work and sleep i need some ideas for something fun to do. Any one ever watch the racing at illiana on rt 30? Ideas?

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    so what kind of plans do you all have for this weekend? The wife and kids are gone for the weekend and in between work and sleep i need some ideas for something fun to do. Any one ever watch the racing at illiana on rt 30? Ideas?

Wife and kids gone for the entire weekend? Go grab a few thousand rounds of ammo and hit the range!

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Decorating graves @ noon today. Nothing planned for Sun. Monday participating in two ceremonies with my VFW post (I'm a cannoneer), the larger being at the community veterans memorial in munster.
    ETA: and then work after the ceremonies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Anyone on INGO want to do some training with me in October? I had a guy cancel on me and now I'm looking to fill the battle van.

Hit me up on facebook to see the post.
    Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Could you PM me with any more info on this training group? I'm interested in their credentials. Their website was a little scarce on that information ... of course it could be me, it seemed to be loading pretty slow.

ADDED ... I am seriously considering this. It would be a definite if I could get someone to loan me an AK* :whistle:

*hopefully, I'll have mine before then

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Could you PM me with any more info on this training group? I'm interested in their credentials. Their website was a little scarce on that information ... of course it could be me, it seemed to be loading pretty slow.

ADDED ... I am seriously considering this. It would be a definite if I could get someone to loan me an AK* :whistle:

*hopefully, I'll have mine before then

Hum.. don't your son have an AK/

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Well, i cant find an alternative to the races at Illiana tonight. Im not much of a race fan, but hopefulky it will be fun. If any one has any ither ideas, shoot

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom