NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Since when are threepers white supremacists? Oof
    Same narrative spun up on oath keepers.

It's pretty coordinated. I'm not even right wing, but watching that particular narrative spin up since 2016 has been eyerolling.
    Just like the "Boogaloo Bois", which literally, very literally, does not exist. Watched that wiki article get astroturfed basically in real time.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Hey Act, do you guys use the Femco PA things over there? If so can you translate wtf "Sha ha habah bahabaha" means?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have some of my coworkers from the other side of the red line coming out today for some grilling and some :ar15::shoot:
    I'm crossing the line to Frankfort for my best friend's son's graduation open house. I sure hope there is an indoors option. I don't do 85 well. Party is at my friend's ex-mother-in-law's house. Her ex and his new gf will be there. There may be some :shoot:going on there too.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Mill dust got on the inside of the lens.
    There is no place it won't get into and there is a dust to ruin everything. Graphite, iron dust, coal dust, etc. Then there are the mists from the cooling towers and stacks. Everything in the mill is getting eaten slowly including you. Stay safe.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Great weather. Sprayed weeds. Wife planted bulbs. Neighbor and I shared some work and cleared out some more wooded area on the property line. Time to relax.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Great weather. Sprayed weeds. Wife planted bulbs. Neighbor and I shared some work and cleared out some more wooded area on the property line. Time to relax.
    I dont know about great weather. Sure was hot removing more sod to expand for the bigger pool coming Thursday. Think I lost 10# in sweat.
    Done for the day. Shower, now Yuengling time and throw some filets on the grill

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There is no place it won't get into and there is a dust to ruin everything. Graphite, iron dust, coal dust, etc. Then there are the mists from the cooling towers and stacks. Everything in the mill is getting eaten slowly including you. Stay safe.

When I was a brand new mill rat, I was up in the "tower" with the senior tech. I noticed the chains they use to keep you from accidentally walking into a hole in the floor they use to access a ladder.
    And one chain was thick, like a bicycle chain, and another looked more like it was put together with wire.
    I asked him, why the difference.
    He pointed to the 3 quench towers that surrounded us, and said the quench steam is corrosive, and because we were between all 3, we got the steam no matter which way the wind blew.
    Then he pointed to the small chain, and said, they're the same chains. Just one has been here a couple years, and the other one was just replaced.
    Then, he told me before leaning on a railing, or grabbing a ladder, to test it first. Shake it, but be well balanced, in case it gives way.

Dang. WTF did I get myself into.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Front and rear. Watched a few reviews for another one of their brands with good praise vs others they reviewed against and decided to go for the dual cam for $59.

I have a front only, and I'm thinking about upgrading to a dual.
    I should have done that before, but didn't think about it, or didn't think I'd need it.

But I've been watching youtube videos, and the dual seems more useful.

Maybe I'll upgrade and use my existing cam as an interior cam.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I dont know about great weather. Sure was hot removing more sod to expand for the bigger pool coming Thursday. Think I lost 10# in sweat.
    Done for the day. Shower, now Yuengling time and throw some filets on the grill
    I was in the shade with a breeze and 0 sun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom