• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Did you talk to the manager about the bad meal you had and thanks for the bad food report.

I have been there before and it was okay. The last time I went I stopped at the drive though window for a menu, about 4 feet in front of the window is a door with a kitchen worker standing there smoking and coughing and spitting loogies right in front of me... I'm good.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Did you talk to the manager about the bad meal you had and thanks for the bad food report.

Yes, and they comped HALF of the cost of one of our burgers. $4 credit, and still had to pay $26. I think I'll go to their website and see if there is a place to send comments.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My goddaughter and her brother wanted me to join them outside to play on the trampoline a couple days ago. I am being told by my body that I am not in trampoline shape.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Yes, and they comped HALF of the cost of one of our burgers. $4 credit, and still had to pay $26. I think I'll go to their website and see if there is a place to send comments.
    They seem to have a high turnover rate there. Rarely have I had/seen the same waitress.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    They seem to have a high turnover rate there. Rarely have I had/seen the same waitress.

Was there once for a M&E a few years back and haven't been back since. With bad food being served there, travel a little further and go to Bass Pro's restaurant for a better meal and stuff your belly on the free loafs of bread.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I would like to recommend a mexican joint on route 6 in Portage, El Pueblo. They are our go to place for a mexican food fix. Great flavor and the portions are crazy. I usually get the El Pueblo fajitas. Steak, chicken and shrimp. The shrimp are the large ones, not the tiny cocktail shrimp. I always have enough left overs for lunch the next day. And they have a full bar.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Was there once for a M&E a few years back and haven't been back since. With bad food being served there, travel a little further and go to Bass Pro's restaurant for a better meal and stuff your belly on the free loafs of bread.

That was the plan last night but Bass was closing when we got there.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I would like to recommend a mexican joint on route 6 in Portage, El Pueblo. They are our go to place for a mexican food fix. Great flavor and the portions are crazy. I usually get the El Pueblo fajitas. Steak, chicken and shrimp. The shrimp are the large ones, not the tiny cocktail shrimp. I always have enough left overs for lunch the next day. And they have a full bar.
    They are good. Our Mexican go to is Menu | El Cantarito Mexican Cuisine | Portage & Chesterton, IN

On Central Ave. in Portage. Good food, good prices, smaller restaurant, eat indoor or outdoor, drink specials... Closed on Mondays.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station

Carne Brava... Good stuff... There is also a little joint in New Chicago call El Ranchero. It is owned by the same guys that one the shop in East Chicago. Good stuff. But my favorite tacos are from Elios in Gary... The best food comes from places where you have to pay through a revolving box.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well with the wind out of the south today I wanted to avoid going to Chesterton. Rode 28.5 miles from Hobart to Griffith, then turned around and went to Portage and ended up back in Hobart. Good ride but was a tad slow since I went with my brother in law and my 12 year old niece.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Been there too Ballstater98, good stuff! Have not tried El Rancho yet. It is on my way to visit my parents in Scherellville. It will be my nest stop.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Carne Brava... Good stuff... There is also a little joint in New Chicago call El Ranchero. It is owned by the same guys that one the shop in East Chicago. Good stuff. But my favorite tacos are from Elios in Gary... The best food comes from places where you have to pay through a revolving box.

Elios gots some good tacos. Crappy area to be in. I didnt care for there Mexican corn in a cup.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

El Ranchero has you getting the good Mexican pastries when you are paying the bill and the smell is just too good to pass up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom