Not open for further replies.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    This is the time when you find out who your true friends are. Sure there are a lot here you can talk to. We have all felt like this at some time in our lives and still here to help others go forward.
    True story. I was in a very low spot back in February. I even deleted some of my own artwork that night because I was upset. Before going to bed, I checked this thread for some reason and saw the picture of the nametags that @2A_Tom posted for the Meet and Eat in Valparaiso. I hadn't planned on going, but my spirit lifted when I saw my avatar, and suddenly life felt a little more bearable. I made the drive the next day and I'd like to think I made a few more friends, even if I only met you guys once so far. It's funny how The Good Lord gives you strength when you need it sometimes.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've long Said this about flat blade screw driver/screws.

I hope it was a slow painful death, maybe like the flatblade slipped out of the screw and he got electrocuted
    I hate them too, but when they were first used they really couldn't make any of the types we have today. The inventor couldn't have been electrocuted, because there was no electricity yet.

The ones to wish pain upon are the ones that still use the stupid things when there are so many better options.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    True story. I was in a very low spot back in February. I even deleted some of my own artwork that night because I was upset. Before going to bed, I checked this thread for some reason and saw the picture of the nametags that @2A_Tom posted for the Meet and Eat in Valparaiso. I hadn't planned on going, but my spirit lifted when I saw my avatar, and suddenly life felt a little more bearable. I made the drive the next day and I'd like to think I made a few more friends, even if I only met you guys once so far. It's funny how The Good Lord gives you strength when you need it sometimes.
    I'm glad you showed up.

And... never delete artwork.
    Heck, storage space is dirt cheap anymore. Move it to a folder, and set it to the side.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Glad you were able to make it, it was nice meeting you. Taking the first step is always the toughest. I think I bailed on two meet-n-eats and a meet-n-shoot before finally dragging myself out of the house.

Sorry about eating your burger,......the waitress stood at the far end of the table for several minutes waiving the burger around and calling out the order and I finally assumed she just got my order a little wrong and 'took' it.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    When mine slips, it's usually into my palm.
    Mine's worse,.....when it slips it gouges blued steel or wood. Now I'm VERY careful with the screwdriver, getting down as close to the screw as I can possible get and watching VERY closely. Now when it slips I instantly pull the blade back and it only gouges me in the eye.

BTW, I may need to borrow your avatar until I can create my own.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I hate them too, but when they were first used they really couldn't make any of the types we have today. The inventor couldn't have been electrocuted, because there was no electricity yet.

The ones to wish pain upon are the ones that still use the stupid things when there are so many better options.
    Like those crappy Holland & Holland guns. :)
    img-the-royal-side-by-side-game-gun-1fcd6.jpg

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Glad you were able to make it, it was nice meeting you. Taking the first step is always the toughest. I think I bailed on two meet-n-eats and a meet-n-shoot before finally dragging myself out of the house.

Sorry about eating your burger,......the waitress stood at the far end of the table for several minutes waiving the burger around and calling out the order and I finally assumed she just got my order a little wrong and 'took' it.
    I completely forgot about the burger incident. :hehe:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom