• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The young kid that walked off had put up a lot of snares and seemed like he tried to fish. I'd have liked to have seen more of the footage because maybe he tried harder than he's getting credit for. I just thought he was done when he kept talking about showing off all his "skills" several days in on an empty stomach. It's one thing to know how to setup a snare, it's quite another to be successful at it. Personally I know the concept of setting one up, but I've never done it and I'm not really sure I should be talking about my "skills" on TV.

I can understand what the accounting guy was thinking. In theory, it's a great idea to keep food fresh. I think he tried to cover up the little puddle he was keeping his fish in, but as he was doing it I really nervous for him fearing the worst. If that idea of his had panned out he'd have been thought of as brilliant, unfortunately now he's just out there alone feeling cold and hungry. He learned a lesson that he's paying for in hunger, and I think that's a pretty solid teacher. Now, if he could make a small puddle near his hut where he'll be hanging out most of the time and cover it up well he may have a chance, but it's still a long shot. Maybe it's just me being a Monday morning quarterback, but as a fat guy I think I'd have eaten all of them up.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    A fish in the hand is worth four in a puddle evidently. Cant believe he did that.
    I got a feeling the Mongolian winter is gonna make this season a short one, relatively speaking.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    That lady Nicole is tough as nails and sweet as an angel all rolled into one awesome human being. It was a heart breaker to see her have to leave especially for a medical tap out. MS is no joke, and I hope she recovered well.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    We have a friend from Mongolia and a co-worker is married to a Mongolian, so this season has particular interest.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This one?

Segment starts at 10:16 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5O4SqajTO4

or this one?

Segment starts at 5:00 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yolRQ4h1DM

I was thinking primarily of the latter and I had not yet seen the former. Thanks for the pointer!

I left a comment for her:

rhino on INGO
    1 month ago
    You are wise and practical. Do you always carry off-body (in your pack or other bag)? I know that can be more convenient and comfortable, but I hope you have also considered carrying on your person so that you always have control of and immediate access to your firearm(s). Stay safe!

and her response was:

Girl in the Woods1 month ago
    No just threw them in the bag for this vid.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I liked the season, but yeah it was a little less dramatic. Then again, I'm glad nobody on this season got a nasty wound from an axe or knife so that's ok with me. I was shocked how many people with some serious credibility tapped out early. I get the young lady tapping out because of a fish hook, but a lot people seemed like they were reliving some sort of trauma from their previous adventure. I was really cheering for both of the last two guys out there and I was especially happy for the winner. That kind of money is going to change that guy and his families life. I hope they bring the show back to the US though for the next season. Mongolia is cool and all, but I think the seasons on Vancouver island were more interesting.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    To me it seemed too focused on the contestant's mental state, and less on the survival skills. I would have liked to see more of the shelter building and the like.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    To me it seemed too focused on the contestant's mental state, and less on the survival skills. I would have liked to see more of the shelter building and the like.

Agreed. This season was not that interesting. I think part of it was because there was no "new" for the adventure for the contestants, so missing that part of the collective anxiety was noticeable.

It obviously depends on what the contestants record, but if I were the producer I would encourage them to get as much footage of actually doing stuff as possible. Maybe they do that, but editing the show so that it's almost all about feelings makes me not want to watch.

I'm surprised Larry Robert left before the end. I picked him to be the winner. I was WRONG!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Watched it over lunch. I enjoyed the season but like some of you, just watching them talk about how they were feeling is less interesting that watching them try to do stuff. I kept yelling at them, stop whining and get out and find something to eat. I know that might be a bad idea if you are just going to play the waiting game and try to starve slower than the other guys. I have to give Sam credit, he was whining early and I didnt think he would last that long. I am glad he finally was able to poop.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Watched it over lunch. I enjoyed the season but like some of you, just watching them talk about how they were feeling is less interesting that watching them try to do stuff. I kept yelling at them, stop whining and get out and find something to eat. I know that might be a bad idea if you are just going to play the waiting game and try to starve slower than the other guys. I have to give Sam credit, he was whining early and I didnt think he would last that long. I am glad he finally was able to poop.

I laughed when I read this because I cheered a little for him when we heard he finally took his long awaited restroom break. Never been so happy for a guy for having taken a trip to the woods.

Top Bottom